Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody up there

Whats the weather like. I checked the snow report but it is showing yesterdays report on the web page.

Light drizzle in the 'burgh. s'posed to be all snow by noon with 1-3" across the area. yawn. Did you see saturday's forecast? I'm goin' to utah.

Re: Anybody up there

Quote Originally Posted by tjf67
    Whats the weather like. I checked the snow report but it is showing yesterdays report on the web page.
    Its dizzle in RayBrook. Yesterday was an excellent ski day. snow was snow and shaving! manOmade was piled on2 Northway ans she was skiing awesome on Sun - so awesome I had to come back for more yesterday.

calling for a switch over to snow 1-3 inches by 2morrow. Hi temps still above freezing in2 this weekend again. suppose to trend down next week and be alot colder.

we need it. Mtn ops has done a stealer job keeping conditions as good as they are but we are now in2 our third week of late march - early april like weather and w/out some cold and snow their wont be much them boys can do 2 keep her skiing...

fingercrosX it will deep freeze and snow!

Yesterday was the bomb though. no one their, soft snow = let em run!

I am going out of the 14th for 4 days. This is the most f'ed up winter we have had.
    Sugarloaf are supposed to get up to two feet out of this may be we should make a road trip this weeken

Prob'ly a March trip for me. Where are you going to ski, TJ?

I have three days ofr skiing. Snowbird, Alta, and ??? I am guessing nack to snowbird but am open to ideas. Was thinking about going on one of those backcountry tours but thats up in the air.

atta boy. little cottonwood is the place. solitude over in big cottonwood is good too but only if they close little because it's so choked w/snow. my buddy tells me the bc out there is goin' off and they're skiin' lines that have never come on line before corn season in past years. i guess the snow pack is super stable this year. he's been out there since '93 and this is the best year yet. go get some. i plan to.

Thanks.

-HDH

Val D Isere, March 18-25
    Alaska Heli Skiing, April 9-16

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by HDHaller
    Yeah, does anyone have any honest, first-hand info about conditions?

-HDH
    did you read the phineas post above. How much more first hand do you want? he was there yesterday. it's a tad early for a first hand report from today, no?

Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    I'm goin' to utah.
    I'll be in Colorado 2/17 -2/22. It was a spur of the moment decision as I sat out side of MSA waiting for the rain to let up Sat. before last.

BTW, freak that Farmer's Almanac crap. Next Sept. when people start up with that I'm not getting my hopes up.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.