start of snowmaking ?

does anyone know when whiteface is planning to begin snowmaking? i know killington, okemo and mountsnow have all startedin the last week.

when it gets cold. today is the first day that is has remained cold all day with night time temps in the low to mid 20's. I don't think they're done with the upgrades of the snow making yet. When is WF projected opening day. They usually put it on the website but I don't see it. I know it is suppose to be T-Day but nothing offical.

Here is the update:
    Snowmaking is set to begin Thursday weather/temps permitting
    Opening day is tentatively Friday November 23rd, 2007

Damn, what happened to the Turkey Day start? Now how am I going to get out of spending the over eating event with the family? Come on B, help me out here, and revise that schedule.

Dude, you know I always like to assist whenever possible, but there are just not enough people on turkey day to make it happen. We haven't had an actual turkey day opening in years. It is always the day after Thanksgiving that we open.

And to be honest all of us have to work during Christmas which is fine and we love it, but personally I love to have just one day with my family before we really get into the season. I don't get to see them again until April, so selfishly I don't feel that bad. sorry................

Ah well, it was worth a try. Enjoy that bird in Boofalow.

white opening on black friday
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

From ORDA:

Snowmaking will begin tomorrow night on Little Whiteface, including Excelsior, Upper and Lower Valley, Upper and Lower Northway.

Projected opening is Friday, Nov 23, weather-permitting. If we get lucky, maybe sooner.
    Greg