Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowmaking

Snowmaking

Anybody hear when they plan on starting to blow snow?

Anyone going to mount snow tomorrow?
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

When I opened this thread...I was hoping for some good news.

Keith....any action up there?

Sorry harv

come on gore the low is 20 tonight. Whiteface is blowing so its not a funding issue.

The temps have been great. Gore could have had a great start to snowmaking throughout the whole last WEEK. Looks like we'll have another topridge opening day

its rediculous, every year they state they have made snowmaking improvements. Doesn't do much good if you aren't blowing snow when its cold.

"IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SNOW...AND THE CORDUROY!
    We hope we don't sound redundant, but once again...we'll be making more snow than last season! Major snowmaking upgrades including three new pumps will increase capacity and efficiency, while opening more terrain for you earlier in the season.

In addition, another new groomer (the fourth in just three seasons) will offer an even stronger fleet for maintaining the mountain's superior conditions."

I would like to know what kind of upgrades besides the pumps, 4 new guns? A few new hoses???? Did they polish the valves?

It sucks always bashing, but when nothing great is happening its hard not to. For what we pay for our passes or tickets I think that we should be getting MORE GORE.

Sorry but I just need to vent

Quote Originally Posted by Lbtchnlgs
    "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SNOW...AND THE CORDUROY!
    We hope we don't sound redundant, but once again...we'll be making more snow than last season! Major snowmaking upgrades including three new pumps will increase capacity and efficiency, while opening more terrain for you earlier in the season.

In addition, another new groomer (the fourth in just three seasons) will offer an even stronger fleet for maintaining the mountain's superior conditions."

I would like to know what kind of upgrades besides the pumps, 4 new guns? A few new hoses???? Did they polish the valves?

It sucks always bashing, but when nothing great is happening its hard not to. For what we pay for our passes or tickets I think that we should be getting MORE GORE.

Sorry but I just need to vent
    Lbtch-

Venting is good, but always remember that Whiteface is just another thirty minutes away with better conditions, better snow, and much better terrain.

NPN- I'm going to get up there more this year. Hopefully i'll be there for opening day.

It's gotta be more than 30 more minutes, no? I'll check mapquest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lbtchnlgs
    NPN- I'm going to get up there more this year. Hopefully i'll be there for opening day.

It's gotta be more than 30 more minutes, no? I'll check mapquest.
    I've been doing this for well over ten years now. Brunswick to Gore one hour, and thirty-five minutes.

Brunswick to Whiteface ( via Jay, not Placid ) two hours, and five minutes.

Brunswick to Toga exactly thirty to the Olde Saratoga Brewery.

Whiteface to Lake Placid Pub & Brewery, who knows, depends on the day, and how many sitings along the way.

Need I say more?