Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowmaking

We could spam em. Everyone copy the verbiage from the site into the suggestions box. Probably won't help but might be fun?

For me...Gore is 10 mins and WF is probably and hour and 20.

They're "really busy with other things" and haven't found the time to start blowing yet.

So sad. Hope the Lincoln Logs Lodge kicks all sorts of ass.

well the sugestion box is broke.....

Quote Originally Posted by mikebike
    well the sugestion box is broke.....
    Sure is.
    It can't handle the truth.

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!

I e-mailed info@goremountain and bitched.

P.S. the "reason" they're not blowing snow is because of the unfinished lodge construction, as expected. Lots of delays have held it up, and they want the lodge done and ready on the open. Rentals, ticket sales, and other services are taking place there...I guess Bulmer was head of this project and it did not run smoothly.

I had a suggestion go through last night. (?)

Come on. Everyone KNOWS construction is never done on time - you can't hold up the mountain.

The website promises the mountain will open on 11/23 WEATHER permitting, not construction permitting.

I guess NPN wins. I think my pass works at WF right?

from the site.

What's Happening: Round-the-clock snowmaking is scheduled to start this Friday in preparation for our Planned Opening Day (weather permitting) on November 23! Four-Pack Snow Samplers, four tickets valid any day of the season at either Gore or Whiteface Mountains, are $219 through 12/14/07!

Sounds like topridge to me.

Another juicy nugget....

Not that I like to gossip, but my wife and I had dinner at Black Mountain on Sunday night and there were a couple of guys at the bar who were in town to install the new compressors at Gore. I overheard them say that they started out working at Gore a few weeks ago and after a day or two somebody called from Whiteface and they were sent up there to do the compressor work there first. After they finished up at Whiteface they came back down to finish up working at Gore.

They didn't come right out and say it, but it sounded like Gore couldn't really fire up snowmaking until their work was done this friday. It just so happens that the website now says they are going to start blowing 24/7 on Friday.

Also heard that the folks from Black Mountain put a bid in to buy Casey's - that would be sweeeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44

Come on. Everyone KNOWS construction is never done on time - you can't hold up the mountain.

The website promises the mountain will open on 11/23 WEATHER permitting, not construction permitting.
    THUMBS UP!

I think I'll be at WF.

Sigh...

Yup... I read the same whole "round the clock" snowmaking on the website... sigh - what'll be open again is that "fabulous" run down Topridge... maybe the sliver of snow down Foxlair and Wildair to the bottom - oh whooppee! I'm jumping for joy - NOT.

Every year - I know the snowmaking crew does their best once they're allowed out, but you'd think that the powers that be would plan compressor repair and equipment maintenance better during the summer months so the guys can get out there that much sooner and blow like mad.

That being said - I'm still hiking and waiting...

Keep the cheer and dream of snow.
    ADKSara
    -Keep your skis happy!

Look at it this way, yes a slow start, but, then again you could be one of those people with a lifetime pass to K-mart.