Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Snowmaking

Quote Originally Posted by Tmorry326
    Killington's management is fucked beyond all comprehension.
    I gotta agree, they look more Bush-like every day. Realistically, how much would it've cost them to honor the lifetime agreement? IMHO, all of the food, drink, and lodging business that all of these people would have provided for the rest of their lives. If it were me who got dissed like this, I'd do my two years while going out of my way to never spend another penny at the joint, and be certain to spread the worst word of mouth possible about every aspect of their operation every chance I got.

Outside of getting rid of the lifetime passes I dont think Killington has done anything really that bad. People are just pissed cause they arent getting things as cheaply as they did under ASC, which as we can see today wasnt that sucessful in running things the way they did.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider
    Outside of getting rid of the lifetime passes I dont think Killington has done anything really that bad. People are just pissed cause they arent getting things as cheaply as they did under ASC, which as we can see today wasnt that sucessful in running things the way they did.
    I don't know that much about the place other than the fact that I don't care for it. And, if it wasn't for their typical early, and late season, wouldn't've been there the few times I have. But, to each his own. I'm not commenting on their business practices, I'm commenting on how I'd feel if I was one of those people who got boned by the new ownership. Frankly, I wouldn't have thought to bring it up if I hadn't heard, and seen the story on all kinds of media all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider

Get off "our snow" to the hike-for-turn guys? Seriously. No. Public land in VT and that is ALLOWED to happen, unless its their blown snow. All the natural stuff is free game but they're harassing hikers like criminals.

No life-time passes.

Buy the passes, then announce the shortened season.

...and they're about to get into a shitstorm with the real estate company that owns most of the land...

Back on topic...with some luck maybe the heavens will provide what the compressors can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    Back on topic...with some luck maybe the heavens will provide what the compressors can't.
    Sorry H, I was just trying to cheer you all up. Ah well, best laid plans...

BTW, you do know that pass of yours works at Whiteface too where the compressors are working very well, and it looks like a 5"-8" hit on Friday?

Yeah...I know that my pass works at Whiteface. Will they accept our 18 month old daughters pass for daycare too?

I don't know about WF being 30 mins past Gore - maybe if you are already on 87. From our place (10 mins from Gore) mapquest shows it as 78 miles and one hour and 47 mins.

Sound right?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    Yeah...I know that my pass works at Whiteface. Will they accept our 18 month old daughters pass for daycare too?

I don't know about WF being 30 mins past Gore - maybe if you are already on 87. From our place (10 mins from Gore) mapquest shows it as 78 miles and one hour and 47 mins.

Sound right?
    When I go from my nephew's place at the end of the access road it takes me about one hour, and fifteen, or twenty. The key is to bypass Placid, and head through Jay to get to the mountain. It saves a lot of time.

Regardless, Gore'll have things up, and ready soon enough. Don't waste the time, or $3.50/gallon cost of a drive, or, better yet, if the conditions are that much better at Whiteface, just head direct, and stay at a place in Wilmington. $59/night gets you a room with mountain views, bar, restaurant, and hot tub.

I am in bolton landing and it usually takes me about 40 mins to gore while WF is about an hour to an hour and 10 mins. Not that big of a difference for me. Back on topic, Gore especially the sumit can see around 4 inches I think by friday.

Quote Originally Posted by JC7727
    I am in bolton landing and it usually takes me about 40 mins to gore while WF is about an hour to an hour and 10 mins.
    Thank you. See, I'm not the only one, but I think JC drives a little faster than me.