Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's going ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on you local guys. What's going on up there? How much snow have we gotten. I saw it was 3 degrees this morning, that means they can really pump out good dry snow. Anyone skinned or hiked up and skied down?

why the clam up? It seems like it's been cold enough. Are conditions setting up? I hope you guys aren't over at some mountains across the lake that are open? Over there skiing, cheating on your main woman, whiteface.

Quote Originally Posted by asland
    why the clam up? It seems like it's been cold enough. Are conditions setting up? I hope you guys aren't over at some mountains across the lake that are open? Over there skiing, cheating on your main woman, whiteface.
    I stopped over Sat. afternoon and saw 3 guys skiing down lower valley who had skinned up. Sunday the guns where pounding lower valley. There's definately enough snow to open. Conditions should be very good this Friday on the trails they open.

There was 3 or 4 inches of snow in LP on Sat., nothing in the town of Wilmington. I'm guessing from mid lodge up they did at least 4 inches of natural.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Conditions should be very good this Friday on the trails they open.
    I was planning to go to Okemo for Friday/Saturday.
    I'm having second thoughts now... maybe being at Whiteface is a better choice.

What will be open off the Face Lift ? How crowded will it be? Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Denison

I don't know how many trails will be open, keep checking the website and I'm sure people will keep updating here.

I just checked the webcam. Looks like 2 or 3 inches of fresh at the base. The 9:00 am sure looks nice.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Me and to dog wen tup Van Ho yesterday. at the top there was 10 to 15 inches of light snow.

Dont know what the elevation on top is but you get the picture. There be snow in them there mountains!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tjf67
    Me and to dog wen tup Van Ho yesterday. at the top there was 10 to 15 inches of light snow.

Dont know what the elevation on top is but you get the picture. There be snow in them there mountains!!!
    Were did you go. Up the bob sled track side or the back side off of South Meadow Road? Van Ho XC area is at about 2000-2200 feet. Anyone been up the toll road?

Quote Originally Posted by Denison

I wouldn't waste my time. WF is easier to get to. From Gore and below there are still leaves on the trees. Even if they only have Excelsior open to Lower Valley it will be better than Okemo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ullr
    Quote Originally Posted by tjf67

Were did you go. Up the bob sled track side or the back side off of South Meadow Road? Van Ho XC area is at about 2000-2200 feet. Anyone been up the toll road?
    I went down the LOJ road and took a left onto a seasonal road and parked there. I could have gone in the other direction to Marcy Dam. I am going to spend some time in there this winter. Its great back there.

"we love the bottoms of our skis just as much as you do

they are making snow on lower valley around the clock for 2 days now:

Excelsior, Summit Express, Upper Valley, Broadway, Lower Valley, and the Mixing Bowl will be open on Friday

Upper, Lower Northway & Danny's Bridge will be open later this weekend !