Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

..coming to the train station near you

Today we rode a train to Manhattan to see Cirque de Soleil "Wintuk". Check out the board:

I want that poster for my office! Anyone know where I can get one?

That's a great poster, I never saw it before. I'd like one too.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Ok, that's Two of you plus One for me.

I've counted 4 posters, as I was boarding NJ transit train this morning.

Now I need to pick the right time to do it...

Great sign. Does the "Greens" refer to the “pitch” or the fee for parking in the “old” Training Center lot (now “Gold Lot Parking”).

Not too many eastern skiers get “Powder” magazine but a friend of mine does. He gave me their October 2007 issue. In it was an article entitled,”Ski trends That Should Die.” Paid parking is #4. Here they are with a shortened (and less humorous) version:

1. Train-Robber Bandanas: Don't wear one on your face, get a gaiter.
    2. Salty Patrollers: Nothing but respect for patrollers but be kind, some are not.
    3. Yuppie Tele Skiers: Dirty Tele skiers please come back. Where's the duct tape.
    4. Pay Parking: $10.00 cheeseburger etc, we have already spent enough, you don't need another $10.00 to park.
    5. No Music At The Shack: Skiing used to be a party, lets get back to that.
    6. Neon: The Winter X Games are over, neon is heinous.
    7. Butt flaps: Wear Gore-Tex.
    8. Wearing Your Beacon At The Bar: Stop bragging about bagging Wolverine today, everybody heard you.
    9. Full Face Helmet: This isn't heli skiing or, "motocross."
    10: Pass In The Goggle Strap: Yeah we know you ski a lot.
    11. Silent Chairlift: Let's get back to it, concentrate on your next run.

I agree with “Powder” on most of these but do have some issues with #s 5,7, and 11. #5, blaring music sometimes gets to me when I am in the mood for silence in the mountains. #7, I wear Gore-Tex and when it rains, snows, or the chairs are running through the “guns” a butt flap will keep you dry and skiing longer. #11, There are times I enjoy talking to friends and people I have just met on the lifts, please no tales of woe or life stories.

THat is a great poster. If anyone finds out where they can be puchased let us know. I think it is a classic in the making

I got a dozen of them. $100 each. If I have alot of takers you'll see them on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ullr
    I got a dozen of them. $100 each. If I have alot of takers you'll see them on ebay.
    Yeah I will take one for a 100 bucks......and shove it down your throat.

Quote Originally Posted by tjf67
    THat is a great poster. If anyone finds out where they can be puchased let us know. I think it is a classic in the making
    Count me in too ... I'd love to get a couple of those!!!

Hoping to make it out this Saturday ... can't wait to get back on the mountain!