Thread: 12/13 Snow

12/13 Snow

Did we get any accumulation to speak of at the mountain? We got about 5 or 6 inches in Southern Saratoga County.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Would've been a tasty twilight session at Jiminy Cricket that's for sure. This stuff is Colo light.

Re: 12/13 Snow

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Did we get any accumulation to speak of at the mountain? We got about 5 or 6 inches in Southern Saratoga County.
    Just a couple of inches fell before closing today, but more was falling as I left the mountain. Not much more is expected 'til this weekend, but that last run down today was SWEEEET!

BTW, Wilderness and Draper's Drop were the runs of the day today... tons 'o fresh, ungroomed man made... those velvety whales were the best!
    Skier 4 Life

Cant wait until tomorrow. The snow in Plattsburgh was light and fluffy.
    Thompson '08: Kill the terrorists, protect the borders, and punch the hippies.

Should be great skiing today. Anyone have insight into the big weekend storm? How much snow will whiteface get from it? Heavy or wet snow?

thanks,

asland

Snow-forecast.com says 17-18 inches by Sun afternoon. Let's hope they're either right or guessing too little. I'm off until late Jan, so I want SNOW!

nice -

I just saw this on another blog. I thought it might be of interest. please notice the "1.5-3.0 FEET CENTRAL ADIRONDACKS". Oh baby! This is going to be good. Slides?

From Best Ski Weather
    • 12/14/2007 - NO UPDATES TILL LATER TODAY OR TONIGHT ON NEW ENGLAND STORM....QUICK COMMENT

BLIZZARD TO BRING 1.5-3.0 FEET CENTRAL ADIRONDACKS, CENTRAL AND NORTHERN VERMONT TO C/N NEW HAMSPHIRE AND MAINE..SOME SLEET POSSIBLE FAR SOUTHERN AREAS AND ACROSS EASTERN MASS TO SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE WITH SNOW, SLEET AND BACKLASH

MORE LATER OR OVER WEEKEND BUT NOT CHANGING FORECAST FROM LAST FEW DAYS. THERE IS A CHANCE THAT A FEW PLACES COULD GET 40-50 INCHES IN CENTRAL OR MORE LIKELY NORTHERN VERMONT AND NORTHERN NH BY MONDAY AM

STILL LOOK FOR 1-2 FEET SOUTHERN VERMONT WITH SOME SLEET MIXED IN POSSIBLY ON SUNDAY BUT STILL GOOD SKIING EARLY NEXT WEEK. THERE IS A CHANCE THAT SKI AREAS LIKE ASCUTNEY, THAT HAD A BAD LAST TWO DECEMBERS, COULD SEE 2 FEET+ FROM THIS SYSTEM AS WELL WITH BEST SNOWS FROM KILLINGTON NORTHWARD

thats bs...40 -50 inches??
    skiing for life...

I sure as hell hope so....