Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: backyard park

wow, that's legit nice work. I personally wouldn't worry about carpeting. A friend of mine built a huge drop in (22ft) wayy over-kill if you ask me- but the carpet just ended up falling off, because its constantly wet and rots fairly quick.

But then again, by the looks of the drop-in you like to do things correctly. So do whatcha like.
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

yea im putting carpeting on to cover the gaps. the stuff im gunna use is pretty heavy duty outside material. im also gunna throw on a small railing too and then 2 uprights by the ramp to push off of.
    its not your altitude, but your attitude that will determine you altitude.

IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u202/bushwacker99/Picture005-1.jpg[/IMG]

couple pics of the new jump, just got done building it up. i put another foot or so on the original and it now has more pop. will be having a big sesh next week so pics soon to come.

ok that's really cool! i admire your spunk. bet you guys have lots of fun, which is as it should be.

not tryin to be a wet blanket, but keep in mind the very sad age we live in. do what you can not to get hurt, ESP. NON-FAMILY MEMBERS!!! people don't know that even if the parents doesn't wanna sue- their insurance company without a doubt will! a serious injury could leave your family homeless and broke forever. years ago, i took it upon myself to rebuild an abandoned playground. i raised big bucks, arranged a blacktop bball court,lights, i fenced in the baseball field, installed swingsets, slides, benches - whole nine yards. anyway, a teenager who was helping me one day cut himself and had to go to the ER. several weeks later his insurance company called me demanding i pay the hospital bill or they would sue me. i told them no way. they kept threatening to sue. i said go ahead, i'll bet you 10 bucks you'll lose cuz i'm a volunteer doing a good thing and the jury won't be sympathetic to your stance. they kept threatening me. after awhile the city stepped in and paid the extortion. with your parents being the property owners they'll be on the hook and a serious injury will quickly wipe out their home owner's insurance. be careful.

usually, not this year, i take the snowblower to the backyard and pile up a huge pile of snow. 12-14 ft high, 30 ft long, complete with a winding luge run! it rocks. we slide all over it. build caves, even the dogs get in some slides. mostly it's us. i'm real watchful if outsiders are on it. not as risky as what your doing.

respect ma and pa's financial exposure, be cool, have fun.

just covering your back.
    incoming .................DUCK !

haha. oo my dad has had the talk with everyone who comes over. its only really close friends and their parents are aware of whats going on and fully understand it. we arent doing anything we would try at gore, only stuff we are comfortable with, all in all just a way to hang out and pass the time, rather than, lets see who can go the biggest. but i still fully understand all that can happen.

right. if anyone does eat it and doesn't need an ambulance have them tell the ER it happened elsewhere - like their own property. try the snowblower it really piles up the snow.

we actually have a compact tractor with a bucket and i can get a 6ft pile, but right now it has a snowblower attactment on it and my dad wont let me take it off to put the bucket on, so im doing everything my hand

you keep going and you'll rival Gore's park! jk lol there was some good tricksters there today. i hit all the jumps but not the rails so much, worried i'll trash my skis or win a trip to the ER. i'm thinkin about twin tips. do you know if atomic urban punx, punx, twins,or deviants rock? i like the looks of these skis. volkl ledge? are most mounting at true center now days? i'll prolly get something and rail jam cuz it looks fun.

hahaha, that wouldnt take much. if i could use the property i could easily beat them, but i wouldnt want ppl skiing there, too many things could go wrong. haha

any thoughts on the skis i added to that post? ^^^^ ask your buddies what they think if you would.

asymetrical or symetrical? answer me later if need be. thanks.