Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: backyard park

hahaha. damn this board's getting funny.

thanks guys. you've given me some great info to go on. i'm gonna narrow it down to a few and cruise for a deal.

backward release means if your ski sticks while skiing switch or you simply lose your balance and fall towards the back they 'll release. one time i was just standing with my skis across hawkeye when their tails slid a bit. i fell (sat down like) backward and tore a little something behind the knee. i wasn't even moving. that's when i learned from doctors bout the backward fall issue. if you guys haven't heard of many such injuries, then it's prolly not so prevalent, but i'm still getting backward release bindings.

this is a good reason to have researched from you two. straight from the park rat's mouth, so to speak, is better info than reveiws. thanks again.
    incoming .................DUCK !

are you talking about look PX/rossignol axial series bindings? becasue i know the toe pieces on those will twist to release. but as to hearing of injuries due to it, i havent heard/experienced anything yet.
    send it!

no i saw it on atomic's freeride binding-the ffg line. my neox 412 bindings, and my railflex 12 bindings have backward release. i'm surprised more freeride bindings don't with as much time as people are switch now days or doing tricks. just a little extra safety. i'm also surprised someone hasn't made a freeride binding that flexes with the ski AND has a low stand height for park skiing. no matter.

i get some twins tips and someday i may even be able to slide a box! i know. those are easy. been, done, did a few. right now i'm workin on my jumping skills and skiing switch-my one pair of skis have those little semi twin tips. i need to practice doing an "on the ground 360,180" next so i can go between forward and backward at speed. i may go behind the lodge to practice on the elements there. watch for the evac.

rossi, very sweet jumps.

here's me on my backyard 'kicker', such a small jump for so much shovelling

..can't quite get that 360 landed.

not bad goofy. the first time making my jump it prolly wasnt much bigger than that. but thats all you need to have fun.

so tonight waas the first time hitting the new jump and i have some new numbers. the jump itself still ramains a little over 5ft. height wise in the air is prolly 7ft maybe more i really didnt pop as hard as i could. but total distance traveled, thats where it gets good. i hit the jump the first time got a decent push and didnt pump over the rollers and just floated off. i landed about half way down the landing; around 19ft. second time i push off hard kinda pump, and pop a little, i almost land flat with about 1ft of tranny left;22ft. sooo tomorrow im having a hige sesh with a crap laod of ppl coming over and i need to add another ft or so of snow on to the landing cuz im gunna say 25ft is possible but that would put me past the landing. soo lots of pics and possibly vid coming tomorrow night or saturday. hopefully getting a frontflip around tomorrow as long as i dont sally out. haha
    its not your altitude, but your attitude that will determine you altitude.

how about these for backyard jumps?

2 jumps my friends built for tow ins. 30 and 50 footers.
    send it!

very nice. tow ins - what does that mean? snowmobiles?

Quote Originally Posted by fujative.

Holy Smokes! Those are sweet. Do they have landing ramps?

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyRider
    Quote Originally Posted by fujative.

Holy Smokes! Those are sweet. Do they have landing ramps?
    haha of course. no landings on those would be painful. their up on a farm in brant lake, and there are tonss or natural rollers around. one of them is the landing

and snowballs- yes, snowmobile tow-ins.
    send it!

Go Big!

http://deputy-dog.com/2009/06/madnes...ski-jumps.html

makes me wonder if the 1932 Lake Placid Olympics didn't help spark this fad much like it sparked the building of many local ski areas.

halfway down the comments a guy named Lance writes an interesting New Hampshire story and offered this additional link -

http://www.allroutes.to/berlin/skijump/

a modern not so high version, complete with the Flying Tomato -

http://redbullsnowboarding.com/snowscrapers/