Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who's Skiing MLK weekend

I'll be up from MD that weekend and the plan is to ski the 19th, 21st, 23rd and the 25th. I'm really looking forward to exploring this mountain! I've been there twice so far, the first time Excelsior was the only slope open. The second time Excelsior and mountain run were open so there is alot of terrain I haven't skiied. Any recommendations? I have to admit to getting pretty stoked at this point. 2 weeks to go!!

Hope to see ya'll on the slopes!

My favorites are Upper Cloudspin on the big mountain.
    Off Little WF I really like Upper and Lower Mac.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Touch on all of them... each has its own flavor.

Re: Who's Skiing MLK weekend

Quote Originally Posted by kerovick
    I'll be up from MD that weekend and the plan is to ski the 19th, 21st, 23rd and the 25th. I'm really looking forward to exploring this mountain! I've been there twice so far, the first time Excelsior was the only slope open. The second time Excelsior and mountain run were open so there is alot of terrain I haven't skiied. Any recommendations? I have to admit to getting pretty stoked at this point. 2 weeks to go!!

Hope to see ya'll on the slopes!
    If you're skiing on the 19th, you're definitely going to want to ski over to the Wilderness trail to watch the World Cup Freestyle Skiers on the moguls course ... If you've never seen this in person, you won't want to miss it!!!

I'll be sure to do that, I definitlly need some inspiration in the mogul fields!

I'll be there skiing the 19th, 20th and 21st. Cant wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Face4Me
    If you're skiing on the 19th, you're definitely going to want to ski over to the Wilderness trail to watch the World Cup Freestyle Skiers on the moguls course ... If you've never seen this in person, you won't want to miss it!!!
    FYI, the mogul comp is only on Friday, 1/18 and Sun, 1/20 on the Wilderness trail. The aerial comp (at the ski jumps) is on Sat, 1/19. Check out the following link for more info... and I hope you can make it on the 18th or 20th instead!

http://www.orda.org/newsite/events/w...tyle/index.php
    Skier 4 Life

Quote Originally Posted by Skier 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Face4Me
    FYI, the mogul comp is only on Friday, 1/18 and Sun, 1/20 on the Wilderness trail. The aerial comp (at the ski jumps) is on Sat, 1/19. Check out the following link for more info... and I hope you can make it on the 18th or 20th instead!

http://www.orda.org/newsite/events/w...tyle/index.php
    Oops ... Thanks for the correction!!!

The Meathead film is supposed to be shown at "Whiteface Resort - location TBA" on Fri 1/18 7:00.
    The aerials at the ski jump in the past were a blast.

is the entire mountain going to be crowded because of MLK weekend and teh competition?