Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kerovick
    is the entire mountain going to be crowded because of MLK weekend and teh competition?
    I had some friends that were thinking of meeting us up there this weekend and decided at the last minute that they wanted to go, they quickly found out that every hotel in the area was sold out. My guess is the mountain will be absolutely mobbed.

Hey, and we had to go on a wait list to ge the kids into ski school tomorrow. Everybody better just STAY AWAY beacuse it is going to be sooooooooooo crowded you won't be able to even breath.

[whew, think we scared the crowds away?]

Yes, the mountain will be crowded...............for Whiteface, but that doesn't mean it will be like KMart or any other big Vermont resort over the holiday weekend. I suspect that on Saturday there will be a bit of a wait for the Gondola, but otherwise it should be all good. Now let's hope those possible lake effect squalls and snow showers along the approaching cold front pile up on the mountain Saturday night. The extreme cold on Sunday will keep some people off the mountain, which means all the more for the brave souls that make it.

We did get the kids into ski school for tomorrow, so it's family ski day for Saturday. The means frigid Sunday will be the hardcore ski day for the boyz. If anyone is going to be around let me know and maybe I'll see you at the mountain.

I made it, I'm staying with familly in Tupper Lake. I'll be monitoring channel 3-13 if anyone wants to try to meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIdds
    If anyone is going to be around let me know and maybe I'll see you at the mountain.
    I'll be there along with HighPeaksDrifter, JacktheRipper, TakeItToTheSlopes, OldSkiBum, CopyMan and a few others I may have failed to mention. Just look for the boyz in yellow... and we hope to see you on the slopes too!
    Skier 4 Life