Empire State Games

Good day everyone!

We're planning on going February 20,21,22 and 23, but I've never been on the mountain during President's week, is it usually crowded?

There are going to be Empire State Games starting 24th, and I wonder if any of the trails I enjoy (upper skyward, mtn run) are going to be closed days prior. I remember 3 years ago there was a worldcup downhill race and skyward was closed for a number of days for preparations.

Thank you in advance for any information.

I'll try to find out.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

President's Week

Hello,
    Usually WF is quite crowded during President's week. It is not quite as busy as Christmas week but still very busy. Any Empire Games racing, race training, etc. is usually done on Thruway and Draper's and does not interfere with other trails such as Mountain Run.
    The lodges will be crowded as well as parking lots. The best plan is to get to the mountain early in the morning. Eating lunch at mid-lodge is usually a good idea also to avoid the main lodge crowd.
    Hope this is helpful...

Thanks Steve, now how about posting once in awhile without being asked.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Re: President's Week

Quote Originally Posted by ssface
    Hello,
    Usually WF is quite crowded during President's week. It is not quite as busy as Christmas week but still very busy. Any Empire Games racing, race training, etc. is usually done on Thruway and Draper's and does not interfere with other trails such as Mountain Run.....
    Thanks a lot

It will be a little crowded during the week but not as bad as the Pres. Week weekends will be or Christmas usually is. As usual, get to the mountain early for the best skiing and parking, etc. Sign up for 'first tracks' at Guest Services for some early bonus runs during the holiday week. Ski hard in the morning and cool it in the afternoon.

The Empire Games will most likely run races on Thruway/Drapers and will only be closed on days of the race. Mountain Run and Upper Sky will not be closed due to any race activity.

Have a great trip.

Again- I always like to point out that whiteface crowded is like Utah with a bad snow year. WAY better than the average.

ssface, We had a great time LAST Year, and actually I'm taking my family and friends for second half of Presidents Weeke this year again. The only crowded lace I remember was Kids Kampus, hopwfully it's bigger this year.

I was there presidents day weekend two years ago and it just wasn't that crowded. I mean upper/lower valley and excelscior were populated but it wasn't much at all.

Yes, us local yocals have a different concept of 'crowded'....early is still better.
    There is a new lodge at KKampus indeed. The registration, rentals, etc. should be less hectic for you. If you have reservations, go directly to the reservations door and line, if not, go directly to ticketing. The cafeteria is larger but could still use more room....in the plans for next year to expand the food area. I am sure you will find the new KK lodge a big improvement...
    Have fun...