Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Coming in to ski March 6,7,8 TRIP REPORT

Well I am going to head north one more time for the final trip of the year to ski. I will be at Gore on Thurs /Fri/ and Sat (March 6th , 7th, & 8th)

Bringing my younger son... 17 yrs old and we will endevor weather allowing ski 3 full days.

Accuweather has a rain/snow mix for 2 of those day... but I know they are guessing that far out at this time.

so in the mean time carve those turns no scraping

I will be following the reports here until I arrive

ciao
    Mike

well it looks like the weather is copperating with my travel plans...

I see a lil storm is due wed just when I am arriving....

it is looking good... 3 days til departure

see ya up there hopefully- let you know when the time draws near.er
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

so as to keep any possible bad juju from Harvys post... what do you guys think it looks like for Thurs Fri & Sat

as to conditions after wed.... and weather for the days mentioned.....

thanks

Mike

Mike - thanks for humoring me.

I think you are in for some tough sledding. The chances are there for an ice storm that could really do some damage. I sincerely hope, for those who live full time in the north country, that everyone will be safe.

Take a look at this:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...x=90&map.y=215

The early week is ugly. Later looks better. A chance for Snow or rain is always better than the Wintry Mix. When you've got freezing rain it means it's warm above and cold below. When it's only a choice between snow or rain...that means cold air up top, and warmer air below. The second situation, in my opinion has a better chance to change a little bit and become all snow. I personally think you've got a outside shot at a huge dump Thurs or Friday. But I can't see the early week being great unless it is so warm that you get some spring type skiing. Bring Gore-tex.

Good luck man.

M

well we are in NY and will be at GORE tomorrow to ski... arriving early to get my son his rental stuff.. then off to see what is like.

I will be there the next 3 days..... and see what the mountain gives us..

me 6'1" and black jacket.....my son 6'5" and white jacket.... both black pants... say hello if you see us we will ski all day

mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikebike
    well we are in NY and will be at GORE tomorrow to ski... arriving early to get my son his rental stuff.. then off to see what is like.

I will be there the next 3 days..... and see what the mountain gives us..

me 6'1" and black jacket.....my son 6'5" and white jacket.... both black pants... say hello if you see us we will ski all day

mike
    Not going to be able to make it Mike, I just booked a trip to Florida for sunday morning- gotta save a few bucks and get a lot of work done.

Hope things turn out well. Right now its bluebird and 40 degrees I bet you are enjoying it... Im sitting in the library putting off studying

Yea Mike put up a report if you can...looks like today could be good.

pics and partial report here with pics:

http://www.626mikebike.blogspot.com

Had a great day today Thursday. It was not the steeps that made it ... they were a bit firm. The curisers more than made up for it...

You could have your choice of nice wintery snow or soft spring snow by just following or not following the sun.

Twister was a hoot....

showcase held up very well ...especially hanging to the right edge in the shade in the afternoon. Getting from Foxlair to showcase was not an issue as it was plenty firm to just zip across.

Topridge was skiing very nice most of the day .... though the bottom got a lil soft later in the day.

Pineknot was in excellent shape about 3pm on very nice soft cover.

We are heading up in the AM for another go at it...

check the pics on the link above

Mike

Looks like today is another winner up there, look forward to the report