Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Killkare

Killkare

So was it (officially) open on Thurs, or was that a typo on the site?

It's the only thing "on the map" I've never skied.

There actually is a good reason that it is rarely open, and that is because Gore refuses to do any brushing and clearing on it. Do not waste your time Harv, there are many other places you could do that

its short

It was Open . . . I skied it wednesday

Where does it come out? Pine Knot or Uncas?

Pine Knot, I think. If it is the one I am thinking of.

I got to ski it this past Sat. afternoon. It was a nice short trip through the pines as opposed to skittering down Pine Knot.

(Pine Knot usually being a skied off mess by 11:00 on any given Saturday or Sunday.)

(Pine Knot usually being a skied off mess by 11:00 on any given Saturday or Sunday.)[/quote]

Take the Pine Brook Glades, they are usually in fine shape, and you won't have to worry about getting trapped by the whippers

Mmmmm...Pine Brook....

It comes out on Pine Knot at the top of the last rise before you head down to Straight Brook. I was on Kill Kare for the first time this last weekend and while it isn't my favorite trail, it was better then going down Pine Knot (again). I didn't think it was too over grown. There was some small stuff that you could ski right over. Pine Knot glades are quite a bit longer and tighter then Kill Kare. Give it a try if it is open, you should enjoy it. Eric

I say take killkare off the map
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things