Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by megatron
    The days that lift 6 is closed, just use your high speed quads to hike out Little Cloud.
    Is this an option without ducking a rope when the High Peaks chair is closed? Do they rope off all the trails that lead down to those (High Peaks, North Side) lifts, like they do at 3:30 on days those lifts are open? Also, did we just get lucky on a Wednesday two days after a storm with the mountain 100% open, or will they always have the High Peaks and North Side chairs open midweek when there has been significant snow earlier in the week? Whenever we head north for a day on the heels of a storm I intend to get off the Northway at exit 23, so I'd like to get a good idea of what I can expect the mountain to do in those circumstances. I suppose the good thing about heading north after a storm is if we're going, we're going. If Gore isn't running all lifts there is always the option to drive the extra 45 to WF.

Quote Originally Posted by megatron
    Okemo is flat and boring. If anyone enjoys the challenge that the dark side offers, they will be very disappointed with Okemo. If flat, groomed corduroy is your thing though, you will find Okemo, and/or Stratton to be very much to your liking. It's all about putting a smile on our faces right

Meg;
    Don't get me wrong. We do love Gore!!! Actually we like the layout better than WF and I love the steeps. I agree Okemo is flat, as is Flatton! I may buy a midweek pass for myself at Gore, (I'm semi-retired), or do the Coke Wednesdays thing. We go west every year for a vacation week and I'll get steeps there next year.

I'm just airing my bitches about the way things are done there. (I'm not saying that I'd be better in the job, as I can imagine the mgr has his hands full). I just think it could be more professional.

As for woods skiing and hiking, I'm not doing that any more. The last time I hiked to terain was a number of years back at Copper, ~12,000 ft; thought I was gonna die! The 3' of fresh in Union bowl, (maybe 1 minute to get down), attracted me. I now believe there are only 3 ways to the top:
    1)chairlift
    2)dirve
    3)helicopter
    Any other way is for you younger folks
    Peace! (from the '60's)