Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm still sticking with idea that it's been a good year to date.

LOVE to hear that story about the Canadians. That kind of customer service must have made the Canadian group feel pretty special.

I have been to Gore when they were up before, they are a huge group whom always plan a trip to gore.

Hi all;
    Before any statues are erected for Gore's management, I'd like to point out a "special" group that the bosses seem to ignore; that's the midweek skier. Before you jump all over me, let me explain:

Many times, I've taken a day off and gone up to the hill and found the High Peaks and/or the North Quad closed. This essentially closes trails that are perfectly skiable. I know, these are not necessarily the "premium" trails, but IMHO, they're fun and something else to ski besides laps on the Straightbrook or Topridge lifts. I look at this as akin to joining a golf club and only being allowed to play the front 9 during the week.

Trivail to some I suppose, but nevertheless it's terain we can't ski. I've been to many, many other areas, and while there certainly are closed lifts during the week, usually you can access all trails via other lifts.

This has been bugging me for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff
    Hi all;
    Before any statues are erected for Gore's management, I'd like to point out a "special" group that the bosses seem to ignore; that's the midweek skier. Before you jump all over me, let me explain:

Many times, I've taken a day off and gone up to the hill and found the High Peaks and/or the North Quad closed. This essentially closes trails that are perfectly skiable. I know, these are not necessarily the "premium" trails, but IMHO, they're fun and something else to ski besides laps on the Straightbrook or Topridge lifts. I look at this as akin to joining a golf club and only being allowed to play the front 9 during the week.

Trivail to some I suppose, but nevertheless it's terain we can't ski. I've been to many, many other areas, and while there certainly are closed lifts during the week, usually you can access all trails via other lifts.

This has been bugging me for years.

Talk to the Governor

I'll admit it bugs me sometimes. Dark Side anyway. I'm sure it's about money. They don't want to run 9 chairs and groom 100 trails for 50 skiers. Kindoff a hold on passholders (me) and really a hose on midweek passholders. It's why if I'm coming for the weekend I'll hit it Fri and Sat...sometimes the Dark Side is open on Fridays. If there is a dump on a Weds and I ski on Friday...sometimes Megatron has left me a few lines over there.

For the last 3 seasons, lift 6 "usually" runs thurs-mon, conditions permitting. Ever since lift 10 was installed, the dark side, as well as the north side have become the ugly stepchildren.
    The days that lift 6 is closed, just use your high speed quads to hike out Little Cloud

My wife and I have had a Gore/WF Non-Holiday pass for years. We're probably gonna give the Okemo/Stratton Non-Holiday pass a try next year. It's only ~$200 more than Gore and it'll be something different. The drive is longer and we may well tire of it, but who knows?

Besides, every time I've ponied up the bucks to go to Okemo midweek, they've groomed the heck out of the place. They really seem to care about giving the customer a good product, no matter the day-of-the-week.

I think Gore, (WF doesn't seem as "bad"), needs to focus a bit more on the people who ski there and less on what is convienient for them. I'm sick of the "saving it for the weekend crowd" or whatever excuse they're using.

Just my opinion!!

Quote Originally Posted by megatron
    For the last 3 seasons, lift 6 "usually" runs thurs-mon, conditions permitting. Ever since lift 10 was installed, the dark side, as well as the north side have become the ugly stepchildren.
    The days that lift 6 is closed, just use your high speed quads to hike out Little Cloud

I'm nearly 62 yo, I don't hike anymore!!!

Okemo vs. Gore.

Capitalism vs. The Government.

The end.

One thing is for sure if Gore was Okemo, then Gore would be Okemo. With all that entails. Hey I like Okemo, and you are right...they put out a great product...but I'm a Gore guy til the end.

Okemo is flat and boring. If anyone enjoys the challenge that the dark side offers, they will be very disappointed with Okemo. If flat, groomed corduroy is your thing though, you will find Okemo, and/or Stratton to be very much to your liking. It's all about putting a smile on our faces right