Thread: conditions now?

conditions now?

Has anyone been on the mountain recently? Howzit doing?

I'm wondering if mornings or afternoons have been better.

I just got in from the morning, and all I can say is WOW! The whole mountain was ravaged by the ice and wind. There are trees and limbs down everywhere, and There has to be 3-4" of ice coating the trees at the summit. The woods are DONE for the season, and it will be a serious chore to get things opened up for next season . I wish I had better news to report, but due to the bullet proof cover everywhere right now it has been impossible to evaluate any further. Hopefully when the snow softens a little, I will have some good news. Now would be a good time to start praying

Yow!! That's what I was afraid of.

With marginal temps, (40's), I'm thinking it won't soften much. Usually this time of the year you have to ski runs in the sun because the shaded trails will be bullteproof or have a truly warmer day to get everything soft, (then the sunny stuff will be soup by 11:00).

Bummer....I was gonna go up Sat, but I guess I'll wait and see. At these stupid gas prices, I hate to waste my money.

For sure, there will be better days coming.

Can anyone post some pictures of the damage on the mountain. I have not been up for 2 weeks and based on comments I will not be going up this weekend either. Hopefully things will be in better shape by the end of next week when I am planning to come up for 4 days. I guess the good news is I save a little gas and hotel money. I really hope this isn't the end of my season!!!!!

megatron hit the nail right on the head, lots of damage in the woods. what a bummer on the bright side the mt. has done a great job at getting trails and lifts going again. if you like fast hard machine groomed surface you will love it. the cruising on the lower mt. is very good. yesterday lies was firm but very good and roamer was good except it was only open from the goat path. don't just sit there get out and ski it's march!!!

Got ya Luv. I'll be there.