Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have learned to move around the web sight too get all the info I am looking for.
    SOmething that I would like to see more of are daily pictures. There is a ton of good shots to be had up here but they never make the web sight.

Othere hills look in much better shape cause they post pics. For me the point is mute I know what to expect but for the customer coming up a couple of hours it would make a differance. If I was in my office in NYC and looked at the Vermont mountain pics and then looked at ours I would skip NY and head to vermont.

Mark,

Another comment - I cannot stress how awful the online trail map is....Not only should it be more legible, but one shouldn't have to wait 5 minutes for the open trails to scroll by.

Thanks.

thank you everyone for your wonderful feedback. i'm keeping track of all this. - keep it coming.

ps.- i completely agree the trail map is a high way up on m list

m.
    orda webmaster

We need a new pic that shows the new trails on the mountain.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Hi Mark,
    I agree with just about everything said so far.

. Jay Peak does a great job of daily communicating the current/expected conditions up front...that is what is most important to skiers. Jay Peak seems to be right on top of this everyday.They send an email daily to those who sign up. Perhaps our 'Alive at Five' boys (Pat and Joe) could update the web site early in the AM just as they do for the Coke phone, etc. Burke Mt. in Vt. does a good job on this also.
    . Trail map needs 'work'
    . Web Cam needs improvement
    . The Slides opening/closing is a tough one since it varies by the hour. However, it should be communicated via web site right away. Almost to the point of when it is announced in the lodge the web site should be updated also by the same person.
    . Too bad the Ski Patrol couldn't be interactive with the web site and update the trail conditions realtime when they create and distribute their hardcopy report 'x' times throughout the day. I think it is all done 'by hand' right now. If they had a PC application to enter trail conditions it could be fed to the web site. Also, the hard copy print out would be easier to read coming from a PC and not handwritten.

Just some thoughts ....have fun!!!

[quote="ssface"]'Alive at Five' boys quote

Now that's funny, but you've gotta' luv' the service those guys provide.

mark,

any word on when we might expect an overhauled website?

thanks.

Hey Mark,

Whiteface already has a "photo of the day" posted on the website, but you can't enlarge it to see it better, and there is no archive of it. I thought that Alta did a nice job with this. www.alta.com They also let people submit photos to be posted and kept in the archive.

The site needs a snow/trail report that comes up as a panel on the homepage with weather and conditions. But do not get rid of the trail map with open/closed trails (just like there is now).

A photo background from the homepage would be cool too (like Jay Peak's), but that might be more than you want to change.

Good Luck and thanks for listening...
    Don't Get Dead

Hi,Mark

I would say the webcam is an issue. And the slideshow should be created for the 08/09 season I liked them but as of 06/07 they were never created that would be nice and I thought it was neat to look at shots over the summer from the past years.

Will The Wizard of Oz please step out from behind the curtain and address the audience.