Thread: stoke

stoke

Tomorrow Night: ***Widespread Frost Likely***.
    Clear skies.
    Cold.
    Patchy ground and valley fog.
    Wind: Light northerly
    Low: 37, low to mid 30s in the normally colder spots

Hey geezers , did ski area's still operate during the great depression?
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

stoke?

Chris...are you predicting a rerun of the GD based on current events? If you are, you're not the only one.

LOVE the frost.

Yeah I suppose it's more of the hope for the best expect the worse idea. I actually do not have a TV so it is hard for me to keep up on things of the nature. But from what I hear it's getting pretty bad, something like 80 Billion of our (taxpayer) dollars pushed into some insurance company to help it out?

I don't really see what that’s going to do but alarm us even more. I was having an unsophisticated talk last night and based on what I hear from people who heard things from someone who heard it on the radio ect ect... (So I’m sure it's all biased, erroneously paraphrased) but I think it would not be a bad idea to empty my bank account. Though I suppose if I did that, and everyone else did our monetary system will fail even faster than it is.

Either way people are going to be dissatisfied with one thing or another, so why waste time thinking about it; isn't that why politicians are paid?

All I know as that no matter what happens there will be woods and mountains, and with those I will remain a happy and free.

PS: no frost for me this morning

Spent the night on Pharaoh Lake Tuesday night. No frost there either, beauty on the other hand... There was a chill to the air though. It’s coming. Hopefully?

Quote Originally Posted by Lbtchnlgs
    Yeah I suppose it's more of the hope for the best expect the worse idea. I actually do not have a TV so it is hard for me to keep up on things of the nature. But from what I hear it's getting pretty bad, something like 80 Billion of our (taxpayer) dollars pushed into some insurance company to help it out?

I don't really see what that’s going to do but alarm us even more. I was having an unsophisticated talk last night and based on what I hear from people who heard things from someone who heard it on the radio ect ect... (So I’m sure it's all biased, erroneously paraphrased) but I think it would not be a bad idea to empty my bank account. Though I suppose if I did that, and everyone else did our monetary system will fail even faster than it is.

Either way people are going to be dissatisfied with one thing or another, so why waste time thinking about it; isn't that why politicians are paid?

All I know as that no matter what happens there will be woods and mountains, and with those I will remain a happy and free.

PS: no frost for me this morning

Spent the night on Pharaoh Lake Tuesday night. No frost there either, beauty on the other hand... There was a chill to the air though. It’s coming. Hopefully?
    The 80 billion seems a little low to me. There's been over 200 billion reported in the paper. If the ultimate cost ended up being a trillion (1000 billion) I would not be surprised.

I say, don't empty your bank account. Not sure where your money is, but odds are good it's FDIC insured, or probably pretty safe if it's checking, savings or money market. Not thinking about it and not making any move is smart, if your money is either...in a safe place, or it's already dropped in value by 20%. By leaving it there, you're being conservative with your own money and supporting the system.

All that assumes you are diversified (or in cash). And don't go to cash after a big paper loss.

As individuals, it's not our responsibility to support the system, but it is, collectively, our a$$.

Which spot did you take at Pharoah?

Bring on the woods, the mountains and the cold baby.

LT#4. Didn't think the hike in was going to take so long, started around 6:45p arrived at the lean-to about 10, explored around a bit, did the fire thing. We ended up sleeping in far too late and left around noon because to get home for a night class; only to get back to my pickup with no clutch fluid in it. Power shifted to Ti and threw some in to make it home, now I think my master cylinder is messed up.

Its beautiful back there, will be going back soon to explore it more. Was bummed we didn't get to go swimming or summit Pharoah. It's a place to spend 2 or 3 nights for sure.