Thread: Whiteface alert

Whiteface alert

I just recieved this message from Whiteface in my inbox and thought i would pass it along........btw has anyone actually met Bridget from Whiteface? she sounds pretty cool? :)

Whiteface Alert:
    Choppers have just completed Gore lift tower installation and are headed to Whiteface as I type this message. Tomorrow, October 2, 2008 they will be flying in 16 towers for our new Lookout Mountain Triple Chairlift . The helicopters are scheduled to begin installation in the morning. Skiers and riders are welcome to stop by the mountain to check out this operation from the parking lots and/or base lodge. It is so sweet to see, take a well day, come up to Whiteface, watch the choppers and dream of the glorious powder days ahead.

In other news: The fall colors are absolutely spectacular! It has been a long time since we have seen a fall this vibrant. Please take it from me, if you would like to enjoy the colors pull off to the side of the road to enjoy. I had a small fender bender the other day while enjoying and taking note of how gorgeous the leaves are, taking pictures and thinking how lucky I am to live in the ADKS. Yes I know doing all that while driving is really not advisable.

Yet more news: Oktoberfest is this weekend October 4th and 5th. This year we have a new band straight from Germany. OK Live….featuring music, singing, acrobatics and dancing. This is really going to be a great show. Of course Die Schlauberger will be back, they are famous for playing at Shea Stadium at NYC. Then of course the Schwarzenager Connection, they are cousins with the famous Schwarzenager and finally the Lake Placid Bavarians will be rocking once again featuring Ski School Director Eddie Kreil and his buddies. I know I am a major name dropper. But really the event is a great way to kick off the winter...

And even more: The special Lookout Mountain gear we offered to season passholders from Karbon has been extended for an additional $10.00 to the discounted rates posted on your season pass form. Call Sharon in our Season Pass Office for more details 518.946.2223 ext 300. The fabric is bambo and really fabulous.

BTW, this winter is going to be awesome! If you didn’t buy your season pass, you definitely should prior to the next deadline. Really, we are opening a third peak, the final frontier; this winter is going to rock. If you miss out I fear you will really regret it.

I know this has been a very long alert, but it has been a couple of months since we last chatted. I miss everyone and have so much to say.....will begin podcasts soon and more frequent updates. There is really just so much going on.

Take care and safe travels,
    Bridget from Whiteface

PS apologies for any typos I am trying to get this to you asap......

Re: Whiteface alert

Quote Originally Posted by Adirondackskier
    I just recieved this message from Whiteface in my inbox and thought i would pass it along........btw has anyone actually met Bridget from Whiteface? she sounds pretty cool?

Thanks for the info, whoever you are!

Thanks for the info! Good to see so much going on up at WF!

What's the deal with the Lookout Mt gear? Can non-season passholders get in on the action? Is there a link with pictures of the gear??

How about posting some foliage pictures for those not so fortunate?

PS....never met Bridget? You should. She's sweet.