Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lookout Mountain Lift update

The choppers were ready to fly today......in the am fog rolled in......mid am winds came in....cleared up around 12:30, they did a couple test runs, flew in one tower, tried to fly in it's top cage, but was too foggy to see, top cage came back down. Word on the street is that the birds are done for the day.

They were also blasting at Whiteface today, there is soooo much going on. this is going to be one super sweet winter.

BTW, they will try it again tomorrow. fingers crossed the weather is good

Thanks for the heads up A-Skier.

I heard if the weather is bad tomorrow they might have to wait till Saturday. Now how cool would that be? Thousands of people there having a good time at the Oct. Fest and we’d also get to see the towers going up by helicopter. It would be like an extra great attraction.

The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

I am hearing that as well. It would be so sweet to have the choppers flying on Saturday.

Be sure and take lots-o-pix to share!!!!!!
    The older I get the faster I was

chopper grounded today. They are on for Sat. I think but dont know for sure

From what I am hearing they are definitely on for Saturday

Strike my last comment.......the helicopters have now been pushed back to Monday

update from Adirondack Daily Enterprise

http://adirondackdailyenterprise.com....html?nav=5008

Nice article with updates about Whiteface

It is now looking as though choppers will fly towers Tuesday or Wednesday...sorry for the uncertainty...nutty weather in the adks

Thanks for the update, A-skier. It is definitely appreciated!

BTW, do you know if there will be any accomodation given to the GP to view the event up on the mtn. or will they have to watch from the parking lots &/or base lodge
    Skier 4 Life