Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Yea you are banned until you post some snorkel pics.

From what I have heard the "west" is having an interesting season...Chris could say better than I but... I think CO is having a drought and Utah and other areas are having major snowpack issues. Lots of avy deaths this year.

Back to our regularly schedule programming...the promets are all over the place on this one. NWS is sticking to a mostly snow scenario...but others are calling for a sleet monster. Just thought I should give a heads up on this.

I like the NWS and accuweather stories

NWS and Accuweather are still showing snow all night and all day wednesday into wednesday night.

I am ignoring the other weather website as I don't like their forcast.

Going to bed dreaming of how much better the mountain will be with 1 foot of freshies

FWIW - 2 inches of new snow here, now changing over to mix/sleet/freezing rain? exit 18

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
    NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ALBANY NY
    633 AM EST WED JAN 7 2009

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/...
    -- Changed Discussion --

WILL MAINTAIN CURRENT WINTER STORM WARNINGS...HOWEVER THERE WILL BE SOME CHANGES DUE TO CURRENT TRENDS. WILL MENTION MORE FREEZING RAIN AND ICE ACCRETION...WITH LOWER SNOW TOTALS.

THE ONLY EXCEPTION WILL BE ACROSS THE SOUTHERN ADIRONDACKS WHERE PREDOMINANTLY SNOW WILL FALL WITH SOME SLEET MIXED IN.

THERE WILL LIKELY BE A SOMEWHAT SHARP GRADIENT TO WHERE HEAVY SNOW FALL VERSUS ICING...WITH A STRIPE OF 3 TO 6 INCHES TOTAL SNOW/SLEET NORTH OF THE CAPITAL REGION...WITH 5 TO 10 IN THE SOUTHERN ADIRONDACKS.

3" and light sleet.

C

Misc. Discussions
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Looks fixed Greg thanks.

Folks since Part 2 was started...let's use it anyway.