Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    WOW . . .

Might be worth a little day trip on wednesday . . . just to play in some snow. . .

I will be there on Wed
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

I really wish they would install a webcam. Looks like most all other places are switching over to snow by now. No way to tell about Gore. Accuweather says only a few inches, might have to head elsewhere in the morning

Any on site updates?

Is the mountain getting snow of is it all falling further west? Any locals please update. Thanks Eric

Re: Any on site updates?

Quote Originally Posted by midwestblues
    Is the mountain getting snow of is it all falling further west? Any locals please update. Thanks Eric
    Call the mountain and let us know. I am scared to- I did once last season and was insulted by the lady whom i asked the snowfall question to. Please?

Damn, Harv you are so resourceful!

Thanks for posting that. I wish my internet connection was better so it wouldn't take me so long to search all the weather/mtn sites.

Windham is reporting 4-12 already. I think i may head down there in the morning rather than Gore. Only time will tell

OVERNIGHT...SNOWFALL RATES WILL DIMINISH TO UNDER HALF AN INCH PER
    HOUR. HOWEVER A NORTHWEST WIND WILL CONTINUE AT 20 TO 30
    MPH...GUSTING OVER 50 ACROSS THIS AREA. THE COMBINATION OF THE
    HEAVY WET SNOW...WIND AND RESIDUAL LEAVES ON TREES...WILL LIKELY
    RESULT IN WIDESPREAD AND LONG LASTING POWER OUTAGES...ESPECIALLY
    IN AREAS OVER 2000 FEET WHERE OVER FOOT TO 20 INCHES OF SNOW WILL
    FALL. LESSER AMOUNTS OF 6 TO 12 INCHES WILL FALL BETWEEN
    ELEVATIONS OF 1000 AND 2000 FEET...
    BUT WILL NEVERTHELESS CAUSE
    SOME POWER OUTAGES. LOWER ELEVATIONS RIGHT ALONG THE MOHAWK RIVER
    MIGHT RECEIVE LESS THAN 6 INCHES OF SNOW...BUT STILL ENOUGH TO
    PRODUCE SOME SPOTTY POWER OUTAGES.

While I've been excited about this major first snowfall of the season, in the back of my mind I've been thinking about the very real possibility of damage from heavy snow and high winds.

This call from NWS for North River doesn't make me feel any better:

Tonight: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Breezy, with a west wind between 18 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

National Grid...the power company in the area has a page on their site...that reports outages by county and it seems to be kept reasonably current. As of this posting - around 10pm Tues 10/28...most of the outages seem to be in central NY. Nothing reported yet for Warren County.

https://www1.nationalgridus.com/niag...sByCounty.aspx

The last thing I want to do is relive this episode, this past March:

http://harvey44.blogspot.com/2008/08...-ny-31408.html

WEDS AM EDIT: Any "Man in the Creek" Reports to share?

I have a friend that went up to North Creek today, as well as hike around Gore - brought skis if its decent enough. Has camera and video cam with him.