Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Adirondack Park Agency Approves Gore Mountain Interconnect

Greg

Does this mean that they are still going to install a gondi that goes between the ski bowl and the base lodge?

If so, I think that is nuts.

nope triple chair,supposadly allready odored. for the ski bowl,gonna open up some of the old ski trails down there,

You got it Jimmer. The lift was ordered earlier this summer. And no worries Harv, there are no more plans for the gondola to no where

C

That's a relief.

The article then has a mistake in it. I think. It says that the approval is for the plan proposed in 2005, which did include the gondi to nowhere.

So does this mean that the interconnect plan will essentially involve boarding the forthcoming triple chair at North Creek and then skiing down towards the Burnt Mtn chair? Eliminating the gondi to nowhere is definitely a plus, from many perspectives, not least as a taxpayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    So does this mean that the interconnect plan will essentially involve boarding the forthcoming triple chair at North Creek and then skiing down towards the Burnt Mtn chair? Eliminating the gondi to nowhere is definitely a plus, from many perspectives, not least as a taxpayer.
    I was under the impression that whatever kind of lift that was put in would go from the ski bowl to the base area. I could definately be wrong about this.

“Gondi to Nowhere”, is funny. I guess bridge to nowhere references will be part of our vernacular for sometime to come.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Yeah . . . The plan I'm looking at looks like the new Triple chair will be along the same line as the current lift at the ski bowl, but longer. There will be one trail from the top of that lift going down to the Burnt Ridge High Speed Quad . . . no other access to the rest of the mountain. This suggests that they want to segregate the ski bowl, maybe turning it into either a beginner area (like Whiteface's Kids Kampus - or whaever they call that seperate area), or an area dedicated to park/pipe, or maybe both.

It also looks as if there is only one trail going back to the ski bowl from the main part of Gore . . . I don't know if this means that the trail will get congested at the end of the day or not (I'd imagine a large amount of people will still park at the regular lot when this all goes down).

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    ...the plan I'm looking at...
    Wish I could see it too...somehow I got a blank pdf.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can: