Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    I think I can, I think I can, I think I can:

From a topographic and political standpoint, their choices were pretty limited. Ultimately, unless they could build a lift from North Creek that tops out further west and closer to Pete Gay Mtn, they couldn't connect directly with the existing Gore lift system (North chair). I guess they could if they wanted to put in an expensive duplicate lift to nowhere from the Ski Bowl base, but that seems like a big waste of money. To get up to the top of Straightbrook in the AM from Ski Bowl you'll have to ride 4 lifts no matter what they do.

As for the tree skiing, well let's just say that if the trail layout on Burnt Mtn materializes as depicted, that could be a pretty fun chair.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackMudPuddles
    But, can you imagine how long it's gonna take to get from North Creek to Chatiemac via the Ski Bowl lift/Burnt Ridge HSQ/gondola/summit chair??
    The longer the better.

I gotta ask ComeBack...where does your name come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    I gotta ask ComeBack...where does your name come from?

If you're looking for some literary referance or something intelligent, you'll be waiting a long time for one from me......CBMP was my way of mourning the passing of the "great" nightspot in LP, Mudpuddles (now called Wise Guys, and, if possible, even more trashy than before). Had some good cheesy times there, and wishing for it to come back was as much me wanting it to come back as me wanting some of my youth back.

Connection

The ski bowl chair does not go to the North chair. Skiers will be able to ski (somehow) from the top of the ski bowl chair to the base of the Burnt Ridge lift. It will be a hike, but it's an alternative to car or shuttle bus from the Ski Bowl to the base area. They sold out the planned high speed detachable to take money from the budget for other areas of Gore so it will be another fixed grip triple that will be a long slow ride. If the articles are accurate we wont see skiing on those trails for 2 years. They mention building the lift during the 2009 summer and then adding snow making in 2010.
    Watch for logging on the old ski trails when the ground gets firmer.

Re: Connection

Quote Originally Posted by adkskier
    They sold out the planned high speed detachable to take money from the budget for other areas of Gore so it will be another fixed grip triple that will be a long slow ride.
    I may be the only one but I think it's a good thing.

I also hope the dark side lift never gets "upgraded."

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman

As for the tree skiing, well let's just say that if the trail layout on Burnt Mtn materializes as depicted, that could be a pretty fun chair.
    wouldn't that be detracting from the tree skiing?

Quote Originally Posted by skimore

I think the point was that there's a lot of undeveloped terrain on Burnt Ridge....So, there should be ample tree skiing (whether there'll be enough snow at that elevation for decent tree skiing, though, is another question).

...whether there'll be enough snow at that elevation for decent tree skiing, though, is another question.
    I've been thinking the same thing. From the map, the glades look to be at the same elevation as the twister glades, which aren't open that often. Anyone have any idea how many days the glades and twister glades are open?

Also the woodchucks don't seem to have much interest in extra curricular activities below the summit bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by skimore

I think the point was that there's a lot of undeveloped terrain on Burnt Ridge....So, there should be ample tree skiing (whether there'll be enough snow at that elevation for decent tree skiing, though, is another question).
    That was exactly my point, though the question on snowfall is a good one. This is one example of where the snowfall differential between Gore and some of the VT mtns creates a meaningful difference.

Is it me, or does the trail as set out on the trail map not match the site plan? And, given that, how much can we take for granted the other trails drawn out on the site plan? Strange...I would have thought the cutting of trees would have to follow the plan....

Me confused.

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2