Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Yeah, I noticed that too . . .

I didn't want to say anything, but it does seem (according to the plan) that another trail might be created skier's left of Sagamore. The topo makes it look as if there would be a flat section on top, then it would get steep when it came down to intersect with Sagamore. Would be pretty cool if they cut it this way.

On the other hand, maybe that idea was abandoned in favor of the glade.

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    Yeah, I noticed that too . . .

I didn't want to say anything, but it does seem (according to the plan) that another trail might be created skier's left of Sagamore. The topo makes it look as if there would be a flat section on top, then it would get steep when it came down to intersect with Sagamore. Would be pretty cool if they cut it this way.

On the other hand, maybe that idea was abandoned in favor of the glade.
    Or maybe the "cartoon" map isn't really accurate. I thought the lift went along the spine of the ridge. So is the top of the lift at the high point on Burnt Ridge?

Is it me, or does the trail as set out on the trail map not match the site plan? And, given that, how much can we take for granted the other trails drawn out on the site plan? Strange...I would have thought the cutting of trees would have to follow the plan....
    I have come to the conclusion that the SEIS plan is nothing more than loose vision of how the trails might be cut (or still be cut). In some cases, it is accurate. Echo was cut as shown in the plans-- connecting with Twister Glades. In other cases, the plan doesn't match up. Hedges, which connects skiers from the top of the Burnt Ridge Quad to Twister (above the Twister Glade entrance), is not in the SEIS plan. As for what's happening with the trail that mattchuck pointed out... who knows.

So is the top of the lift at the high point on Burnt Ridge?
    The lift tops out as shown in the SEIS-- just to the north of the highest point on Burnt Ridge.