Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guns

I hope they are blowing 24/7 with these primo temps. The weather looks good for almost 100% snowmaking all 24 hrs until next week. With conditons like this hopefully we'll see a expanded opening
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

harvey
    those are not snow guns in front of the sunway chair, they are the bungie rig from fall fest. snowmaking looks great weather looks great we should be sliding soon. just in time the bottoms of my feet are really ichy and it's almost to cold for golf.

TMORRY-----was this your photo that Gore posted on their site or visa-versa. I swear I checked their site before your post and it was not updated. The photo looks the same.

Here is some fodder for you grasshoppers... There has been some very serious talk up here about opening this weekend. I DO NOT THINK IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN, so DO NOT FREAK OUT!!! But, it just goes to show that coverage is excellent, and with another week of cold, and maybe real snow(you can do it Harv), we could looking at the best opening conditions ever!!!
    Oh yeah, and the other thing that we are hearing, is that Gore wants to charge $10/car to park in the main 2 parking lots . I was very surprised to hear it, and nothing is official, but it is possible( they must have read my no more gorda thread). Gore is making new parking area about 200 yards down the access road where the xc trails used to cross the road. This will hopefully eliminate cars having to park on the access road(it is a warren county road, and has ALWAYS been ILLEGAL.
    So that brings you all up to date.

C

Quote Originally Posted by megatron
    Oh yeah, and the other thing that we are hearing, is that Gore wants to charge $10/car to park in the main 2 parking lots . I was very surprised to hear it, and nothing is official, but it is possible( they must have read my no more gorda thread). Gore is making new parking area about 200 yards down the access road where the xc trails used to cross the road. This will hopefully eliminate cars having to park on the access road(it is a warren county road, and has ALWAYS been ILLEGAL.
    Megatron what is the source? My Head will freakin EXPLODE if that happens. I've got $1600 into 3 Passes. I won't take that lying down. I'm headed here now to let them know what I think:

http://www.goremountain.com/contact/suggest.cfm

I recommend you do the same.

Maybe we should start new thread so Mgmt can see what we think.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    Megatron what is the source? My Head will freakin EXPLODE if that happens. I've got $1600 into 3 Passes. I won't take that lying down. I'm headed here now to let them know what I think:

http://www.goremountain.com/contact/suggest.cfm

I recommend you do the same.

Maybe we should start new thread so Mgmt can see what we think.
    The source is hearsay, but everyone is saying this is coming from Gore hierarchy(which is basically saying that orda is telling gore what to do, once again, another reason that Gore would be much better orda-less, but I digress...) My take on this, is the same as yours Harv, and I am damn sure that EVERYONE, passholders or not, will be against it.

C

The guns are off until Wednesday. They say that they are going to wait out the storm

C

I wish they'd open up Wednesday. Whiteface too.

Well I move to Breckenridge right after the New Year. Epic pass for $630. 2.9 miles from the peak 7 lift.

Unless we get a huge dump before then, I won't be seeing Gore this season.

I am so f'n excited, I don't know how I'm going to make it till then. How am I suppose to do all this school work?
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Quote Originally Posted by Tmorry326
    I wish they'd open up Wednesday. Whiteface too.
    They both have plenty of snow I know WF has enough snow to where they can open trails that they havnt been making snow on. I think the real reason is that they open Wed. but Thur. is thanksgiving and I guess they want the employees to enjoy time with their families but I am with you I wish I could go skiing wed.! The storm is suppose to dump 5-9 inches maybe even more at WF with WF seeing almost no rain. Not sure on the zip for where gore is located so I cant tell you their forcast. Enjoy your time on the Mt. Fri.!!!