Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parking at Gore

Parking at Gore

Guy/Girls, Regulars and Lurkers...

There is a rumor out there that Gore is considering charging $10 a car this year to park.

Let's put our thoughts out there on this one, so Mgmt can see what we think. Keep it civil.

It'll be GRASS ROOTS ACTIVISM.

Mike Pratt is the Mountain Manager.

His phone number is 251-2411, ext. 1100 and his e-mail is mike@goremountain.com

Ted Blazer is the President/CEO of ORDA. His e-mail is blazer@orda.org

Tom Carr is ORDA's Resort Services Coordinator. His e-mail is tcarr@orda.org

Is this going to be for every car, or are they going to have a pay section of the lot like Whiteface does?

Do not waste your time telling Emily what you think, tell management.

C

Help me out...who do we reach out to and how do we contact them?

How solid is the rumor. I sent a note to the suggestion box. I would be really, really disappointed in Gore Mtn Management if they did this. It would change the whole flavor of the mountain for me. Eric

I sure hope this is just a rumor! I know from experience on my yearly Western vacations that pay-parking leaves a very bad taste. Now is not the time to "tax" customers who are most likely deeply worried about their financial futures. Skiing is a real take-your-mind-off-your-troubles activity and people sure could use a lot of this right now.
    I'm willing to bet that the extra revenue Gore will earn will be more than offset by people whose backs will be broken by this "last straw" and say "that's it....I'm done". Those who don't may choose to go elsewhere where such fees are not imposed.
    Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    ...who do we reach out to and how do we contact them?
    Mike Pratt is the Mountain Manager. His phone number is 251-2411, ext. 1100 and his e-mail is mike@goremountain.com.

Ted Blazer is the President/CEO of ORDA. His e-mail is blazer@orda.org.
    Tom Carr is ORDA's Resort Services Coordinator. His e-mail is tcarr@orda.org

I sent another email to Mike. We need to flood them with emails letting them know how we feel. Eric

sent to both.

scary stuff.

Maybe this rumor stuff is just a promo for Rumor being open for opening day

**Harv you should post something over on the main AZ forums, I'm sure people would be glad to help. I don't have enough time now, then I have a class then it's straight to work. If you don't have time, I'll do it in the morning

***had time
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

I don't have a problem with spending $50+ in the bar at the end of the day.....but this kind of nickel/dime crap is just a total turn off