Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Parking at Gore

i dont care i dont care i dont care ill never pay to park at gore,ill let the weekenders worry about it,you all should be happy that gas is now less than 2.00 dollars a gallon,at least i can afford to drive to the hill this winter.

Emily called me on my cell this am.

There will be no fee for parking this weekend. I've got a meeting now... more details later this am.

EDIT: I asked Emily if I could quote her on "no parking fees this weekend." She said yes. She promised that there would be plenty of advanced notice on the website.

I pushed her on just how many spots would be put aside. She said it would be based on demand. Not sure what that means.

She did say, I can't imagine that those arriving at 7:30 like I do would be left with the choice of walking through an empty lot or paying to park in the upper lot. Emily - from your lips to God's ear.

She talked about all the improvements that have been made and how Gore has been re-investing a lot in the mountain. I had to agree. I still feel that it would be more fair to put increases in ticket prices.

She's a good lady.

Anybody else get this? Sounds like a form letter that was sent to many:

Hello,

Thank you so much for contacting us regarding parking at Gore Mountain. Rest assured, you can park FREE any day of the upcoming season at Gore. We have added more parking, more shuttle buses, and anticipate your parking experience will be much improved. We are exploring premier paid parking, which is commonplace at many ski areas and attractions. How many spots that may be reserved for that option has yet to be seen.
    Thanks again for writing to us, and I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Friday will be the best opening day we've had in years, and I hope to see you.

Emily Stanton
    Gore Mountain Marketing Manager
    (51 251-2411, X1121
    emily@goremountain.com

2008/2009 Season Passes on Sale Now!

I've been on the sidelines to this point because it seemed still stuck in rumor mode, but these last posts by Harv appear to put the nail in the proverbial coffin.

IMHO, it's one thing for Whiteface to take the former NYSEF lot, and turn those relatively few spots into an added revenue source for the Jersey Hummer driving chowderheads. There's still the very nearby road spots, and lot 2 ( I'm sorry, I think it's now the Ausable, or River lot ) which is a no brainer stroll across the bridge for the early risers.

But to take the entire upper lot at Gore, and turn it into premier parking would be such a MAJOR hastle, I'd condider never showing up again.

Clearly, Gore management remains totally f.....!

Sooooooo sad.

Quote Originally Posted by NPN
    IMHO, it's one thing for Whiteface to take the former NYSEF lot, and turn those relatively few spots into an added revenue source for the Jersey Hummer driving chowderheads. There's still the very nearby road spots, and lot 2 ( I'm sorry, I think it's now the Ausable, or River lot ) which is a no brainer stroll across the bridge for the early risers.
    Agreed but I always seem to get stuck in the upper lot during the holidays. But yeah why would you pay 10 dollars when you could take a short walk across the bridge. And yeah the only cars I really see in the parking lot during holidays and most other weekends is the big SUV from jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by NPN
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. I've skied Whiteface. And I've have no problem with a setup like that. You are really close in that River (?) lot. And if you get there even semi-early you are good to go.

Maybe the thing to do is reduce the size of the pay lot to 20% of the upper lot. Charge $50 bucks. Same revenue more happy customers, and the added entainment of seeing who would actually pay the freight.

Oh yea...Cliff - I was real little in the 60s but I did hit at a Peter Paul and Mary concert when I was 5. Maybe some of it rubbed off on me.

thats still a dumb idea to raise revenue. my guess is if they start charging more, people WILL go other places... i most definately will. most ski areas are lowering prices and cutting fees in hopes of luring more people, it would be suicide... also hasnt the cost of diesel been cut in half recently like gasoline?