Thread: 12/16

12/16

No pictures. Sorry.

Got there at 10 am. Sun was shining, but didn't soften the snow at all. Hovered right around 20-25 all day. Some trails that weren't blown early season took a beating but all trails that have been open were manageable. Hawkeye never opened up, but they were blowing it all day. They obviously got some nair but in the grand scheme of things it could have been a lot worse. Looks like they tried to groom down the rain pits and that caused a lot of the snow to get pretty hard.

Snow coming tonight and tomorrow so things should be in okay shape again going into the weekend.

Thanks for the report.

I'm actually part of the camp that thinks that this latest rain/freeze was a good thing. We got a lot of traffic in the woods over the weekend, tramped everything down in there, then got this rain/freeze to firm everything up. We should be left with a pretty damn good base to play with.

If we get some snow this week (and I think we're supposed to get over 6 inches) and then more on Friday (hopefully a nice load), we might be cranking glades through Xmas . . .

THAT would be sweet.

yea it was a little stiff 2day,fast and ferious.didnt see any guns on hawk eye when i left at 2:00,but there were some on chati.snows a comming.

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    We got a lot of traffic in the woods over the weekend, tramped everything down in there
    I felt like part of the grooming team...the crust busters.