Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Chair?

skidds you're reading my mind, and tmorry you're right, its more than just the terrain. i feel like the people you meet on the darkside are the skiers who are most knowledgeable in the sport and of course the mountain.

C

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightCarving
    but they did raise prices again this year..
    also, the number of Gore's season passes sold this year is waaaaaaaaaay up.

hope it just down and will so be repaired.

heres a little more gas,so when sagamore gets scrapped and they close it that will leave only 1 trail over there,allthough i dont mind it ,im hearing alot of negative vibes about it.so 1 trail vs the dozen or more that could be skied if the north was open,dosnt make much sense,btw they blew on lies for at least 3 days,but they couldnt open it,cause it was solid ice,this when temps were perfect for blowing,well they blew it allrite.and i guess were really luky we got the snows,or the hill would be a hurtin.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmer
    heres a little more gas,so when sagamore gets scrapped and they close it that will leave only 1 trail over there,allthough i dont mind it ,im hearing alot of negative vibes about it.so 1 trail vs the dozen or more that could be skied if the north was open,dosnt make much sense,btw they blew on lies for at least 3 days,but they couldnt open it,cause it was solid ice,this when temps were perfect for blowing,well they blew it allrite.and i guess were really luky we got the snows,or the hill would be a hurtin.
    The head of snowmaking is on vacation! I am totally serious! Boy, it sure is good to work for a union

And in regards to the season passes, the are up not quite 5%. I am not sure if that qualifies as waaaaaaaaaaaaay up.

C

Seems I remember posting something awhile ago about chairs closing during the week and was met with considerable critisism. If this is true, it really hurts! Just gets worse and worse! My last year definitely!

Megs wrote...
    And in regards to the season passes, the are up not quite 5%. I am not sure if that qualifies as waaaaaaaaaaaaay up.

C

don't know. i was told that they were similar to the other areas here that reported an increase of 25-30% in season pass sales to the albany news stations. people are skippin the out west trips and stayin home.

Snowballs at 20 paces?

There website says "ALL lifts plan to open tomorrow" Hope they come through.

Snowballs wrote "i was told that they were similar to the other areas here that reported an increase of 25-30% in season pass sales to the albany news stations".

Well as I said Gore passes are not up more than 5%. Other area maybe doing better. Just not Gore.
    I would suggest to all of you out there to check the info you are posting so as to not look like an uninformed individual

C

Speaking of the uninformed...What is the story w/ the High Peaks/Summit chair? Did it break or has it become a victim to the economy, and simply not staffed during the week.

(this uniformed individual will now take a look at there website)

Well there site says it spinning today(holiday). With the chair dormant during the mid-week the amount of traffic over there(High Peaks) is reduced. A bummer for sure but that much sweeter for those who put in the extra effort.

RIGHT?