Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Summit Chair?

lol twinplanx... i guess you have a point... but that is pretty bad hike out of there... with the north chair spinning its true, and held true last saturday when i was probably the 3rd person down the dark side lift line at 11am, plenty of fresh to be had... so i see your point, but my argument is that during the week they arent allowing access to a large portion of the mountain by closing that and the north chair.

ideally we'd have both turning all the time... i'd settle for just the summit running... but AT LEAST have just the north running, so we can do some runs over there....

if they had only the north running, then they would at least be able to argue that the whole mountain is open, its just a pain in the ass to do multiple runs on dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightCarving
    lol twinplanx... i guess you have a point... but that is pretty bad hike out of there... with the north chair spinning its true, and held true last saturday when i was probably the 3rd person down the dark side lift line at 11am, plenty of fresh to be had... so i see your point,

but my argument is that during the week they arent allowing access to a large portion of the mountain by closing that and the north chair.

ideally we'd have both turning all the time... i'd settle for just the summit running... but AT LEAST have just the north running, so we can do some runs over there....

if they had only the north running, then they would at least be able to argue that the whole mountain is open, its just a pain in the a** to do multiple runs on dark side.

Oh my bad, I hadn't realized both chairs were dormant.(North chair = StraightbrookQuad ?)

If this is the case I'd say ...BALLS!

well i knew i shouldnt have listened to the janitor,he was dead wrong,the lift was spinning today,and the dark side had the best skiing on the hill,the woods were a little tough at first but once they got skied they got better and better,only skied 1 trail up top,lies,it was ok though a little firm.good day it was.

well thank god thats over.... had me worried.

now lets convince them to keep it open during the week....

We rode high peaks double chair yesterday and could hardly lower the restraint bar - it was stick because nobody lowered it since it was painted.

Could it be that they were painting it for a few days, or was it painted in summer?

Heading up.

I've got my bags packed and will be out the door shortly. Heading up to Saratoga today, for Gore this weekend and maybe during the week to do some investigating on the chair issue for myself. I'll be the guy in the red(w/yellow & gray) Spyder jacket W/ K2 PE's & some vintage red Tecnica boots(they remind me of Voltron). The jacket was an employee perk and I got the boots really cheap. If anyone spots me, I'd like to take a run or two w/ ya. So just gimme a shout

Quote Originally Posted by megatron

Well as I said Gore passes are not up more than 5%. Other area maybe doing better. Just not Gore.
    I would suggest to all of you out there to check the info you are posting so as to not look like an uninformed individual

C
    WELL, since you put it that way..........

the other day, i picked up a copy of this season's " Gore Mountain and Lake George Region " newspaper. on page 5 it states " this year....Gore Mountain ticket sales are showing a 20 percent increase ". since this paper has been out a little while it's hard to imagine they're talkin day tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    Quote Originally Posted by megatron

Well as I said Gore passes are not up more than 5%. Other area maybe doing better. Just not Gore.
    I would suggest to all of you out there to check the info you are posting so as to not look like an uninformed individual

C
    WELL, since you put it that way..........

the other day, i picked up a copy of this season's " Gore Mountain and Lake George Region " newspaper. on page 5 it states " this year....Gore Mountain ticket sales are showing a 20 percent increase ". since this paper has been out a little while it's hard to imagine they're talkin day tickets.

I do not know how to put it you any plainer than this... Gore season pass sales are not up over 5%. Period. End of story. Go skiing.

What's Happening: Look for snowmakers on Lower Darby, Hullaballoo, & Fairview!

Thanks auntie em.

Ahhh, yes . . .