Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Summit Chair?

well its shut down again,blew some good snow over there, the trees were awsome,mite better shut her down,i swear i think they do it just to piss me off,last weekend the chair was crowded,way more people skiing there than burnt ridge.its not running 2morrow dont no about the weekend.

Jimmer, I am sure they don't just do it to piss you guys off. I like to think of it as Gore being Gore, kind of like in Manny being Manny when he was with the Sox, you take the good with the bad and just hope that most days the good out weighs the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowSnake
    Jimmer, I am sure they don't just do it to piss you guys off. I like to think of it as Gore being Gore, kind of like in Manny being Manny when he was with the Sox, you take the good with the bad and just hope that most days the good out weighs the bad.
    We shipped Manny's a$$ out

C

Another example of the seemingly inconsistent lift operations that make some skiers skip the place. Will the lifts I want to ski be open, or won't they? How do I know? Should I take a chance? Most people don't want to take their chances with their skiing.

Is there any way management could post some sort of schedule, or conditions under which the High Peaks, North Quad, Burnt Ridge, or other chairs will operate? If there were some set ground rules that were consistently applied then people could make a more informed decision on whether or not to spend their ski dollars at Gore. Oh, It's Tuesday of a non-holiday week, I know this, that or the other lift won't be up and running. It's midweek two days after a 6 inch storm, ok, I know this lift will be open. Midweek day with the temps in the single digits, this lift is closed. I'd imagine that management doesn't just wake up willy nilly and say, oh - I think I'll keep this lift closed today. They must have some general operating guidelines and decision making processes, why not share some of those so people can make better decisions and be less frustrated. If they can't do that, can they at least indicate on the website the night before which lifts will be running the following day (assuming they don't already do that).

I've made the suggestion of a schedule in the past for exactly the reasons you state. Also suggested alternate days with the North quad and summit chair so someone making a midweek trip could ski the whole mountain.

tom

Seems I mentioned this lift-closure-midweek thing early in the season and was sort of blown off.

Guys....they've been doing this for years and I, for one, think we're not getting what we paid for. Now, they are gonna charge for parking.

They don't give a s**t about us; only weekenders and holiday crowds. We are the ones paying the freight by giving them working capital early in July, but seems we're second class citizens. I never was a fan of the way things are run and disliked the area because of that fact. When there became a real disparity between ticket prices versus Vermont, I caved and bought Gore/WF passes. Now, there isn't a real difference in price, (most VT areas are cheaper if you factor in the parking thing), just the drive time.

Screw-it, I'll drive to someplace they want my hard-earned.

(done)

Is the Summit Chair down again? I have noticed on the website the past few days they have listed the North Quad as open and the Summit Chair as closed. Is that just a different mid-week strategy, or is there a mechanical issue with the double?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    Is the Summit Chair down again? I have noticed on the website the past few days they have listed the North Quad as open and the Summit Chair as closed. Is that just a different mid-week strategy, or is there a mechanical issue with the double?
    my guess would be it's because there's very few people there. i was there yesterday and it was M-T. kinda like late March. i was surprised to see the north quad running. i have a feeling that's how it's gonna tend to be from here on out. sure there will be more over president's week but i think it will be slower in general. jmo

i made my first trip across hedges yesterday, just to check it out. they got some nerve callin that a trail. it's got a lay out like a pair of twin tip skis, high at both ends.
    incoming .................DUCK !

tell the site planner that the ideal graph of a trail is a linear regression.

Parabolas are incorrect.