Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12/29

12/29

Yikes.

Holidays I know, but with it being a Monday I thought I was semi-safe. Full front lot and lot 4? No. Full lot 5. Full new side-road lot. NJ, CT, and PA license plates abound.

Mountain lost a pretty good amount of snow. Lots of pitted areas (trees, upper liftlines, closed trails) from nair.

The skiing and crowds were more of the same. Joeys abound. It was like northern NJ threw up on the mountain. Double chair and North Side were not open, and there wasn't much to do up top, so the gondola was packed. Triple chair was a bit quicker.

Topridge was pretty icy, but the line for the chair was non-existent. Same can be said for the upper quad. Lies was boring.

The bottom of the mountain had some softer snow - kind of icy granular, kind of corn, kind of sno-cone snow. Sunway & Quiksilver were a death trap but fun as usual. Slow people and crashed people everywhere - dodging brought some excitement.

Park was set up on Sleighride. Jump at the top, three average sized rails and boxes on the bottom. Not enough speed for the jump, should flip-flop the rails and jump.

Best skiing of the day was probably Twister area (although packed and dangerous)? I guess? It was all sort of blended together today.

I know that sounded like a lot of complaining but all in all I had fun cruising around the mountain with my friends. I'll probably take a few days off and get back out there if we get some more snow later this week, if that ends up happening.

same story today, but icier. complete boiler plate all in front of saddle and not much better anywhere else.
    second run i rode up the gondi with some middle aged joeys. quality ride. did you know they put sand and chemicals in the water when they make snow?!
    send it!

Great report T. Very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by fujative.
    same story today, but icier. complete boiler plate all in front of saddle and not much better anywhere else.
    second run i rode up the gondi with some middle aged joeys. quality ride. did you know they put sand and chemicals in the water when they make snow?!
    Damn; so that's why I have to keep touching up my edges, they're getting sanded off! BTW, were they sporting the latest in NFL skiwear?

Are you SURE you weren't at Killington?

yeah, skiers from northern NJ are the worst

Quote Originally Posted by Denison
    Don't you think they'll be the ones who buy into the Front Street development?

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff
    Quote Originally Posted by fujative.
    were they sporting the latest in NFL skiwear?
    haha nope. 2 ft long hats, goggles from about 1990. two of them had oldd skis (but not straight) one of them was saying he hasnt got new skis since 1996. the other was on rentals. some very interesting characters.
    send it!

i heard they put some kinda chemical in there to raise the freezing point so they can blow it at a little higher temps...

friends and i played a joke on a girl once, told her that it was bacteria and viruses, so she better not ski under any snowmakers... heh..

It's called Snomax:

http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/publi...ng/snomax.html

althought I was under the impression that you couldn't use it in Adk Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Spongeworthy
    Quote Originally Posted by Denison
    Don't you think they'll be the ones who buy into the Front Street development?
    Ha Ha... Front Street. Well How much of their hedge fund is left...$0. Bernie Madoff was friends with a lot of greedy people. The skiing will be much better without the crowds

C