Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Gore Mountain Weather 08/09 Part 2

Looks like we hit the limit ...ten pages per thread. So I started a new one:

yeah harv, i'm sure you've heard by now, but we got some NCP before on top of about 3" last night, it switched back to snow around 4:30 though and its still going lightly, lets hope for the best..

The snow line between serious crust , and rippable pow was half way down Snoopy's

C

Haha, nice . . .

This is good, though . . . . Run a groomer over that crust, and it becomes nice eastern packed . . . (provided we don't go super super cold and ice everything up again).

yeah, im with you gents, i call it eastern basemaker. that thick wet icy snow will freeze up and stay all season... i'm willing to sacrifice tomorrow's icy conditions for the sake of the rest of the season. twister glades today were pretty fun actually, crust-buster conditions, not ideal, but it was fun no-less....

as my dad used to always say, "those western skiers think they're good skiing powder all the time... us skiers in the east are the REAL skiers, we know how to make fun of every kind of condition."

is that a smile? a snow smile?

Comedy.

This should probably have been posted first:

Late Afternoon: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 12. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Tonight: Snow, mainly after 1am. Low around 6. Wind chill values as low as -1. Light east wind. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Sunday: Snow likely, mainly before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -2. North wind between 3 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

At 10 degrees or whatever it is up there...that out to be some cold smoke fallin up there:

6" of Blower at Megatron HQ. Come and get it kiddies

C

Mtn posted 8" at 8:30 am. Must have kept snowing after at Megatrons report.

Closin in on 100" for the season:

http://harvey44.blogspot.com/2008/12...ow-totals.html

It kills me to be stuck in MASH with work when you guys are thrashin it.

Looks like one of those days when the trail report is simple: "Kill Kare closed."

My kingdom for some details and a pic or two.