Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thefts

^^^that sucks. yep it really blows to lose your stuff.

i even lock up at the saddle lodge.are you guys saying that thefts do occur from the saddle lodge? if so, hard to imagine most would be mistakes cuz the likelyhood of boot size and binding matching up ( or same size skis) would be low. rather than skiing down with skis over the shoulder, they could just chuck them in the woods to be retrieved later. mid week it's not hard to imagine rippin the whole way down twister or under the north quad without encountering others.

i chose my ski purchases w/care. like most people, i'm really fond of the pairs i have. so i always ask myself, if i come out and they're gone, do i have the coin to get new ones? can i even find another pair? won't i be Po'ed at myself for slackin?

i rarely go inside when at the hill. Amazon.com has a lock that has an extra long cable, most are too short.

Matt, as to your stategy. you might also try putting one ski here........the other over there.
    incoming .................DUCK !

i dont do anything with my skis usually, sometimes i just bring them inside with me. but either way, the one thing i dont like about cable locks is last yr, someone locked their bag to the table, but they also locked my moms bag to the table. so she went to the dest and asked for a pair of sciccors, and they gave her wire cutters, no questions asked. so really, locks wont help out much if someone wants the skis bag enough. but im sure most of them just want an easy buck so getting wire cutters is to much work. haha
    its not your altitude, but your attitude that will determine you altitude.

right. most thefts are a crime of impulse, at the moment temptations. most thieves are also thinking " quick escape." locks do help, but aren't foolproof.

Gore prolly was comfortable giving cutters to " mom ", more than to youngers.

if any of you are at west, lock 'em up. specifically snowboarders.... people lurk around there just to steal stuff. my friend got an $800 setup the other knight.
    send it!

Quote Originally Posted by fujative.
    if any of you are at west, lock 'em up. specifically snowboarders.... people lurk around there just to steal stuff. my friend got an $800 setup the other knight.
    see, that's why i started this thread. i could just see some lurking and doing their shopping from the racks. i was curious as to local realities.

i went night skiing a few times at West back in the 01/02? season. they had a cop, in a cruiser, parked right on the snow by the racks. Ding Ding Ding ............i'll bet people are stealing stuff.

thanks for warning us all.