Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Park

Park

The website says to look for lots of features on sleighride. What are the updates dudes?
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Upper sleighride has mounds on it, but no jumps.

Lower sleighride = Down-Flat Down Box, Big Booter, Flat Box, Cannon Box, Down Rail, and a tabletop at the bottom with two options of varying length.

Back behind the base lodge (Off the J-bar), there's a small kicker with an even smaller kicker next to it, and the Rainbow box.

I kind of like the mini park behind the lodge (it's quick and easy and great for kids to learn how to jump), but it seems like a lot of other people like it too. They might need to add more mini hits back there.

i REALLY wish they'ld build another structure like they had last year at the exit of lower sleighride. i believe it's called a hip. i know it was alot of fun and caught good air off of that thing.

the Park is lame. not only are there very few elements, but they quickly become clogged up w/park rats who just sit there trying to be cool. they perch/park on top of the booter like pemanent fixtures. it's a good place to chew some a$$, which you sometimes have to do to get access. i'm thinkin of getting some twin tips, but Gore's meager park has me second guessing.

i think the area above/behind Snoopy might be a nice area for additional park elements. we already use it for the " Snoopy jumps ", a snow fence could be placed between the main trail and the park that might dump some snow.

oh yea, the website says " don't forget the Skier/boardercross and halfpipe at the ski bowl !" Yea. right. we went there Saturday to try it out.......and the place was closed. Lame.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    i REALLY wish they'ld build another structure like they had last year at the exit of lower sleighride. i believe it's called a hip. i know it was alot of fun and caught good air off of that thing.

the Park is lame. not only are there very few elements, but they quickly become clogged up w/park rats who just sit there trying to be cool. they perch/park on top of the booter like pemanent fixtures. it's a good place to chew some a$$, which you sometimes have to do to get access. i'm thinkin of getting some twin tips, but Gore's meager park has me second guessing.

i think the area above/behind Snoopy might be a nice area for additional park elements. we already use it for the " Snoopy jumps ", a snow fence could be placed between the main trail and the park that might dump some snow.

oh yea, the website says " don't forget the Skier/boardercross and halfpipe at the ski bowl !" Yea. right. we went there Saturday to try it out.......and the place was closed. Lame.
    hate to break it to you, but youre prettty much the only person who thinks that about the hip. as of right now, the bottom jump is getting tonssss of love. there are always kids hiking it, and i can guarentee that spring sessions are going to get ridic on that.

but yes, i completely agree. its way too boring. there literally 5 things. the first jump is about 10 feet shorter than it started in the season, the FDF box is too short, a groomer just ran over the flat box, so our longest jib is gone, and in the beginning of the year the same groomer dropped the tiller on the shoutgun rail, which was originally our longest rail, but we had to cut 6' off that.

i think the ski bowl is just a terrible idea in general. ive never seen someone buy a ticket to ski there. ever. its always a few friends who have season passes up there who have a condo there.

jason, the park manager, put in a request for 2 flat rails. 2"x6"x20' and 2"x6"x16', both of them got turned down.
    im excited to see what hes got going on for upper sleighride though, he said its going to be the "adirondack park", so i think hes going to try to make it all tree jibs and stuff, but im not sure how well thats going to turn out.
    send it!

Quote Originally Posted by fujative.

hate to break it to you, but youre prettty much the only person who thinks that about the hip. as of right now, the bottom jump is getting tonssss of love. there are always kids hiking it, and i can guarentee that spring sessions are going to get ridic on that.

but yes, i completely agree. its way too boring. there literally 5 things. the first jump is about 10 feet shorter than it started in the season, the FDF box is too short, a groomer just ran over the flat box, so our longest jib is gone, and in the beginning of the year the same groomer dropped the tiller on the shoutgun rail, which was originally our longest rail, but we had to cut 6' off that.

i think the ski bowl is just a terrible idea in general. ive never seen someone buy a ticket to ski there. ever. its always a few friends who have season passes up there who have a condo there.

jason, the park manager, put in a request for 2 flat rails. 2"x6"x20' and 2"x6"x16', both of them got turned down.
    im excited to see what hes got going on for upper sleighride though, he said its going to be the "adirondack park", so i think hes going to try to make it all tree jibs and stuff, but im not sure how well thats going to turn out.
    ah, HELLO, didnt' suggest they tear down the bottom jumps. hate to break it to ya, but narrow mindedness, kills good ideas. they got lots of room to build a hip - or other stucture. there's room beside/below those jumps, off to the side. there's other places around the hill, if Gore would get off their duffs and show some " can do Spirit ", we could easily have alot more. if they can't afford new rails,etc - THEN USE SNOW! other ski areas have lots of stuff built outta nothing but snow.

Narrow mindedness also promotes stupid ideas - like the Ski Bowl, a vitual Ghost Town.

A Park with 5 elements is embarassing. yea, there's upper sleighride to come, but at the rate it's going, let's hope it's done by St. Patties day.

ah, HELLO, didnt' suggest they tear down the bottom jumps. hate to break it to ya, but narrow mindedness, kills good ideas. they got lots of room to build a hip - or other stucture. there's room beside/below those jumps, off to the side. there's other places around the hill, if Gore would get off their duffs and show some " can do Spirit ", we could easily have alot more. if they can't afford new rails,etc - THEN USE SNOW! other ski areas have lots of stuff built outta nothing but snow.

Narrow mindedness also promotes stupid ideas - like the Ski Bowl, a vitual Ghost Town.

A Park with 5 elements is embarassing. yea, there's upper sleighride to come, but at the rate it's going, let's hope it's done by St. Patties day.
    i completely agree with you on that. i was reading you post as if you were saying you with the hip was still there instead of the jump. their park is completely understaffed. theres a patroller that helps ocasionally, the picture lady that spends 20 minutes to put in a fence stake on sundays, and chris kahl, who works his ass of, but its only him working usually so shit doesnt really get done. then theres jason, he occasionally rakes stuff and grooms most nights.

i was told since i was 12 that once i turned 16 i could work park. well now that im 16 i have to be 18. typical gore.... but if i want, i can work, not get paid, and not hit anything when i work either, so basically i get to pay to be their bitch. doest that sound fun

with all the free money gore gets, you'd expect them to at least give SOME of it up for parks, seeing as its such a progressing, growing part of the industry... but they'd rather use it to buy a lift so you can spend 30 minutes getting to the ski bowl (not trying to start up this controversy again). other than being understaffed.... sleighride is just a terrible trail for a park. it is WAY too narrow. something like twister would be ideal, but obviously thats never going to happen.

i could go on forever, but ill spare your time, especially because most of the people in here dont give a shit about parks.
    send it!

Gore if you are reading this.........visit with your SAM. YOU MUST HAVE A GREAT PARK> Not a good park...a great park. SAM---"the future of skiing/riding" PARK.

At our local mountain the park has gained status over the past 7 yrs. This year---it was the second to get snow on it....after our beginner area. NOTE to SAM---see earlier post on your beginner area. Should open the same day the mountain does. Not beginner terrain...your beginner area. Its about the future.

sleighride is just a terrible trail for a park. it is WAY too narrow. something like twister would be ideal, but obviously thats never going to happen.
    Agreed.

That would actually be a pretty decent idea for next year, actually. They're thinking of moving the racing trail to Echo, so Twister would be open for that kind of thing. If they put the Park on Twister (With more rails and features and a couple of big booters where it gets steeper at the end), and made twister glades like "The Stash" @ Killington (a park in the woods, basically, with natural hits, log rails, and tree skiing), Gore would actually start developing a pretty sweet park scene.

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    sleighride is just a terrible trail for a park. it is WAY too narrow. something like twister would be ideal, but obviously thats never going to happen.
    Agreed.

That would actually be a pretty decent idea for next year, actually. They're thinking of moving the racing trail to Echo, so Twister would be open for that kind of thing. If they put the Park on Twister (With more rails and features and a couple of big booters where it gets steeper at the end), and made twister glades like "The Stash" @ Killington (a park in the woods, basically, with natural hits, log rails, and tree skiing), Gore would actually start developing a pretty sweet park scene.
    See. that's what this mtn badly needs - GOOD IDEAS. what Matt speaks of doesn't seem like it would cost much but would be fun, " en vogue " and popular. that's why i posted the huckable thread. if we can identify, discover new ones and list a bunch of hucks/cliffs/chutes, we'll have more fun, maybe they'll get improved and maybe brush cut by Gore employees or by mountain Yetis who have the amazing ability to ski thru guywires.(as seen on cartoons! and under the high peaks chair) Doesn't the Yeti do that yearly ? seems to me i've seen that Beast's tracks there before. maybe he has a cave in that cliff and doesn't want me promoting the cliff to be opened.

Isn't it time for all of you to give it a rest
    Gorda does not believe in common sense!
    Parks bring in kids who are brought there by their parents. If the kids do not want to go to gore, then the parents won't either. It is very simple. Are you reading this emily?