Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Park

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2

Agreed.

That would actually be a pretty decent idea for next year, actually. They're thinking of moving the racing trail to Echo, so Twister would be open for that kind of thing. If they put the Park on Twister (With more rails and features and a couple of big booters where it gets steeper at the end), and made twister glades like "The Stash" @ Killington (a park in the woods, basically, with natural hits, log rails, and tree skiing), Gore would actually start developing a pretty sweet park scene.
    i also heard of them moving the race trail to echo, but i really doubt they will ever put a park on twister. soo many of the weekend warriors come to ski twister and twister glades.
    the stash would be awesome for gore, especially if we got burton to sponsor it like they are for killington and northstar.
    twister would definitely be ideal for a park. flatter up top makes for a nice rail garden, and the rollers at the end can make for some MASSIVE jumps. honestly, until gore gets at mainstream as somewhere like mount snow, i doubt they will ever make a jump that big. we tell jason to push up something like a 50-60 footer, and he laughs that no one will hit it. but if it actually came to be a big even like the mega-mother-hucker at mount snow, im sure it would have some potential.
    but the way things are going now, it looks like by the time they would ever actually consider doing it, i wont have the knees left to hit it.

i think skiadk should just take over gorda, and run gore the right way, or as previously stated, buy hickory and take all gore's customers.
    send it!

any of you rats ever go to WF? there park is ,how you say sick,and if ur pass holders,whats stopping you from going.i mean really you dont ever think gore will ever come around to what you want,remember a few years back when they tried to have a pipe,it was a joke,they even had stuff donanted to them to make it better,and they were to friggen stupid to use it.so get used to what u got and dont set ur hopes to high.
    btw the skiing was awsome 2day,powder day 2morrow.

I thought that we'd pretty much established by now, that the way to get what we want isn't to ignore the situation and hope it gets better. And it's not to just pick up and "go to Whiteface". There's no reason that Gore shouldn't a have a good park/pipe scene. Especially given its proximity to a decently sized city (Albany). Look at Mountain Creek outside of NYC, or Whaleback in NH, or that mountain outside of Denver (forget the name). Those are three mountains that made the business decision to cater almost exclusively to the park/pipe crowd, and they're reaping the benefits.

Eventually, Gore will come around to our side, but there's definitely no harm in giving them a push in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    Eventually, Gore will come around to our side, but there's definitely no harm in giving them a push in the right direction.
    Hoo Boy!! Dude you must be pretty young. You can laugh at me when you get a real park, but in the meantime, like as long as the current administration (including ski patrol, which is where most of the problem lies) you will have the limburger cheese that you have now. They just don't care (and I am not including Jason and his sidekick). Why do you think they called the old park under the gondola "Stokes"!?
    Gore was GIVEN the pipe dragon they have now by Mountain and Boardertown back in '98, and they trashed it within a month. And, that is the same implement that they still have today. Hmmm... " The Face" has a superpipe, and a killer park with music imagine that. But, we are all just idiots, that is why we are not in charge.

(post deleted)

why not go to whiteface? 210 miles vs 120 miles (round trip) at 20 MPG when youre 16 and have no job, that tends to not work very well.

obviously the park isnt getting much better, espeically when they are so understaffed/no one cares about it. also, most people who have passes at gore buy them to ski the mountain (me included, otherwise i probably would have gotten a west pass), not the feeble attempt of a park.

when someone was saying its close to albany.. if i lived in albany i would definitely go to mount snow for park. they compketely transformed the whole carinthia peak into a park. 12 trails, 105 new jibs for this year...
    send it!

Quote Originally Posted by fujative.
    why not go to whiteface? 210 miles vs 120 miles (round trip) at 20 MPG when youre 16 and have no job, that tends to not work very well.

obviously the park isnt getting much better, espeically when they are so understaffed/no one cares about it. also, most people who have passes at gore buy them to ski the mountain (me included, otherwise i probably would have gotten a west pass), not the feeble attempt of a park.

when someone was saying its close to albany.. if i lived in albany i would definitely go to mount snow for park. they compketely transformed the whole carinthia peak into a park. 12 trails, 105 new jibs for this year...
    understand that,i was just saying its a real nice park up there and you should check it out,then youll really understand how bad gores is,and it wont be gettin any better

Quote Originally Posted by jimmer
    Quote Originally Posted by fujative.

understand that,i was just saying its a real nice park up there and you should check it out,then youll really understand how bad gores is,and it wont be gettin any better
    ohh i've been there plenty of times. i know its 10x better, just tooo much of a bitch to drive there.
    send it!