Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday's Ski

They were parking down the access road this past Sunday. Not much beyond where the new lot is, but on the access road nonetheless.

Selfish? I would call the ones who do no work but love to brag about what they ski as selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by megatron
    Selfish? I would call the ones who do no work but love to brag about what they ski as selfish.
    care to clarify?
    incoming .................DUCK !

I think both of our statements speak for themselves

C

I think both of our statements speak for themselves
    I would welcome clarification as well. If I were to guess, you are suggesting that unless someone spends the time off season clearing out the woods and clearing out cover, they don't have the right to ski those woods? Sounds selfish to me. How do we get to belong to your club. I have skiied Gore on and off for almost 40 years. Does that qualify me for the special "i do the work, i get to ski it and you don't club?" I think I would rather ski with my kids, thanks anyway.

Re: Keep Quiet

Quote Originally Posted by B SMACKER
    You all need to calm down about naming all of the unmarked trails!!!!! This is how you get all the people who dont belong in there and ruin it for the ones that work hard to keep them quiet.
    What difference does mentioning the name of an unmarked trail make if the person hearing it doesn't know where the trail is?

I don't know the names of most of the unmarked trails I've been on, and the people I ski with on them (and who cut some of them without naming them) don't seem to care one bit.

do not work as in clearing trails, or a steady job?
    if you mean trails, not having a license and working 36 hours a week over the summer = no good circumstances for getting up and helping. i'm already making plans with a few people to go up and help clear out this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by B SMACKER
    You all need to calm down about naming all of the unmarked trails!!!!! This is how you get all the people who dont belong in there and ruin it for the ones that work hard to keep them quiet.
    and as a TR, i figured stating what i skied and what was good was acceptable. are you expecting to hear "i skied some glades at gore, they were good."? also, stating what i skied and where that is, are completely different.

another thing- you live in anapolis, MD...? how often do you even get to ski them?
    send it!

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with megatron on this one.

I have to admit, I sometimes feel a bit guilty for ripping the glades up all winter, and then doing nothing with my weekends all summer. Every summer I plan on doing some stuff, but every summer, I always conveniently find other things to do with my time.

This year, I'm going to have to contact Mr. Goodspeed to set something up.

ok i didn't realize ya'll went up there and trimmed so much in the off months. suppose anyone could take a look at the chutes comin down towards echo or the wall off of cloud to the right of the summit chair for possible chutes while your up there? don't know if they'ld leave the sunway wall open/poachable IF there are chutes ( which i suspect there are) but getting some chutes/huckables going would be fun for you guys and prolly good for the mtn as chutes are vogue now even if they are little ones. and see if you can find that damn Cloud Yeti.

there has to be more chutes on that mtn. maybe between pine knot and headwaters or pineknot and uncas. the cliffs between rumor and open pit look a way to sick. still there maybe a skiable chute there, if you got the balls. that would not include me.

and before anyone starts giving me crap for asking others to do this, understand that i do not ski trees cuz i suck at it and i don't wanna trash my babies. 'sides i may even go along and help various heckerpeads on here next summer.