Thread: Ice-Face

Ice-Face

please discuss.

Board's been back up for less than an hour; do you really think a, "busting chops" thread is appropriate?

I, for one, am too pleased with the turn of events to take your bait.

I am not an every week rider of whiteface, but when I do go up it does seem to scrape off quick, in my opinnion it is worth it, any mountain with the pitch of whiteface with the snowfall we get around here would get scraped off as well.

Just get there early, then call it a day and start drinkin' early... then get to bed early, get up early and do it over again
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Don't start, Jerry. If you don't like it, don't ski it. Leaves more for us.

Hi All!

Glad the board is back up, figured I'd stop lurking and actually chime in.

This past season was my first at the Face, and wish it was winter again!
    The "Iceface" thing is lame, pretty much anywhere in the east gets icy, thats life. For what the Face offers, no lift lines or at least short ones, no long boring runouts etc.. and the fact thats its pretty close by my standards (4 hrs) I can't see why anyone would complain.
    Went to Tremblant this year and yes it was icy, the lines were anywhere from 15 mins or more, and the vert dosn't even come close. My idea, go to a place like that, stand in line for half the day, pick your lines around the gapers and then at the end of the day take your pick where you would rather ride or ski... pretty easy decision.

All I can say is that I haven't found another mountain in the east that makes you feel like such an out of shape wimp by the end of the day... Holy crap!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by timw
    Hi All!

Glad the board is back up, figured I'd stop lurking and actually chime in.

This past season was my first at the Face, and wish it was winter again!
    The "Iceface" thing is lame, pretty much anywhere in the east gets icy, thats life. For what the Face offers, no lift lines or at least short ones, no long boring runouts etc.. and the fact thats its pretty close by my standards (4 hrs) I can't see why anyone would complain.
    Went to Tremblant this year and yes it was icy, the lines were anywhere from 15 mins or more, and the vert dosn't even come close. My idea, go to a place like that, stand in line for half the day, pick your lines around the gapers and then at the end of the day take your pick where you would rather ride or ski... pretty easy decision.

All I can say is that I haven't found another mountain in the east that makes you feel like such an out of shape wimp by the end of the day... Holy crap!!!!
    Damn, that's a hell of a first post.

If I didn't want to continue to keep the place to myself, I'd say, "thanks for getting it".

Instead, I'll say welcome aboard, and we'll see you next season!

I have to agree with joyparkway, if you don't like it go somewhere else, the more for us that love it!!

Re: Ice-Face

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry
    please discuss.
    bump.

Re: Ice-Face

please discuss.
    bump.
    Please don't feed the trolls. They usually just go away.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.