Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AlpineBone

AlpineBone

Greg the admin dude has a thread going regarding biggest gaper sighting this season. For me it was the skiers in the minute and a half of of his 06-07 ski video that I viewed. Man, talk about a Herby Derby!
    SnowEarlySpringLate

So...what you're saying is, this is the awesome technique we should all be striving to emulate?

Not all that impressed...
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    So...what you're saying is, this is the awesome technique we should all be striving to emulate?

Not all that impressed...

Thats a toughy. He is in the proper position. Hand coming foward to initiate the next turn. He looks a little far back but in you could not see the terrain,you had to be there. It was a 30++ degree pitch. Skiing down pan cake batter like snow you it was a balancing act between getting to far back and going over the top. You would probably know that but we were not on your priority list of places to ski this year.

Quote Originally Posted by tjf67
    Thats a toughy. He is in the proper position. Hand coming foward to initiate the next turn. He looks a little far back but in you could not see the terrain,you had to be there. It was a 30++ degree pitch. Skiing down pan cake batter like snow you it was a balancing act between getting to far back and going over the top. You would probably know that but we were not on your priority list of places to ski this year.
    Agreed. He actually looks pretty decent there. Plus with all that hair he has the added bonus of not even needing a helmet. My point is if you're going to start criticising anyone else's skiing, you better have the skills to back it up. Our man Phin-Dog here appears pretty effin average to me. Perhaps though he has some video evidence of himself that he'd like share to demonstrate how truly radical he is. If he can present something showing him really killing it, I'll bow down and he can talk all the trash he wants. Until then, I chalk this up as yet another case of tough talk that's easy to do behind a monitor. So lame.
    Greg

That pic was taken Friday, April 20th. I was lucky enough to have a lot of great days at WF this season, in alot of different conditions, but I'd have to rate that day the best of the year. Mainly cause I got 6 Slides runs in under beautiful blue skys.

Sorry to interrupt, please go back to your bickering.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    That pic was taken Friday, April 20th. I was lucky enough to have a lot of great days at WF this season, in alot of different conditions, but I'd have to rate that day the best of the year. Mainly cause I got 6 Slides runs in under beautiful blue skys.
    Come on HPD. Don't deflect....
    Greg

well, free my willy, I mean Greg....

where were U on the 4/20 huck fest day?? That was one of the best slide days I've ever enjoyed?? O, yeah that's right U don’t ski Whiteface only diss her over there in AlpineBone..

Quite frankly, I think it is time this forum takes a new direction - a more local approach. I think we need a local biz to take over or have ORDA bring it in-house. I think this setup just doesn't cut it and we could do better. I mean really, we go from WF homepage to this forum w/ advertising for competitors. Makes no sense to me. I'm advocating for change. I'm advocating for local control which will result in a more authentic Adk community. What positives are there for having an administrator who doesn’t even live in NY let alone the Adirondacks?
    SnowEarlySpringLate

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Come on HPD. Don't deflect....
    HDP= rock and hard place

Re: well, free my willy, I mean Greg....

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas
    where were U on the 4/20 huck fest day?? That was one of the best slide days I've ever enjoyed?? O, yeah that's right U don’t ski Whiteface only diss her over there in AlpineBone..

Quite frankly, I think it is time this forum takes a new direction - a more local approach. I think we need a local biz to take over or have ORDA bring it in-house. I think this setup just doesn't cut it and we could do better. I mean really, we go from WF homepage to this forum w/ advertising for competitors. Makes no sense to me. I'm advocating for change. I'm advocating for local control which will result in a more authentic Adk community. What positives are there for having an administrator who doesn’t even live in NY let alone the Adirondacks?
    I agree but this is an important topic that deserves its own thread.

Oh and:

Phinny's not an average skier. He's very very good. I'm not just sayin' that 'cus he's a friend; I'd say it if I didn't know the guy or even if I thought he was dick. STFU Greg. You're so f****in' lame.

Re: well, free my willy, I mean Greg....

I was skiing bumps at Killington:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaPqGWG2xNE

Go ahead. Let's here your expert technique advice.

O, yeah that's right U don’t ski Whiteface only diss her over there in AlpineBone..
    I have never once dissed Whiteface. I challenge you to go find a post where I have. That's your second challenge. Let's not forget about the video evidence of your awesome skiing...

Go for it dude. I'll pull the plug on this in a second if any of you think you can do better. That way you, your girlfriend and the other half dozen or so in your crew can have your own little chat room. I love it how you all get so huffy when you get challenged back.
    Greg