The new Wilmington Trail

Thanks to WF management. A job well done.

The new trail is nice and long with interesting pitches and great views. The perfect warming up trail. It's like Approach and Parron's stitched together and multiplied in length by 2 - 3.

Better yet - on windy days the lift offers some protection as it is located on the other side of and somewhat below the ridge.

It will increase FaceLift traffic and shorten Gondola lines. The crowd will be better distributed over the mountain.

Again - Thanks for a job well done.

Re: The new Wilmington Trail

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyOwl
    Thanks to WF management. A job well done.

The new trail is nice and long with interesting pitches and great views. The perfect warming up trail. It's like Approach and Parron's stitched together and multiplied in length by 2 - 3.

Better yet - on windy days the lift offers some protection as it is located on the other side of and somewhat below the ridge.

It will increase FaceLift traffic and shorten Gondola lines. The crowd will be better distributed over the mountain.

Again - Thanks for a job well done.
    Well said.

I agree! Shear Brilliance!!!

Iam with you, 100% agree!

Parron's run and LC were nice early today but quickly got skied off. It was windy up there and conditions did not soften up at all.

Around 11:00 or so the intermediate part of the Welmington Trail - sheltered from the wind - softened up nicely and offered excellent spring skiing.

The difference was remarquable. That new trail is a great addition to the Whiteface skiing experience. i just love it.

Wilmington, YES!
    Does it even compare to Burnt Ridge at Gore? I heard it was flat and my party said heck with it.
    I rode Lookout for the 1st time yesterday and the image is burned into memory.
    I couldn't help but bomb the straightaway.

Quote Originally Posted by snoeboarder
    Wilmington, YES!
    Does it even compare to Burnt Ridge at Gore?
    HELL NO!!! Burnt Ridge is a C- Ride compared to Lookout Mtn. but then the natural terrain dictated that outcome. it's a shame Face is pushing the total trail limit. as someone stated earlier, the bowl between LM lift and the Wily looks interesting. there's more steeps by lookout below. Hoyt's High has a virtual freegin cliff off skier's right that i'm sure would give many skiers a chub.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Spring skiing and lookout Mt. go together it is BEAUTIFUL on the trail!!

Quote Originally Posted by nyspnypd
    Spring skiing and lookout Mt. go together it is BEAUTIFUL on the trail!!
    How true. I love the way that normally slick shute at the end of Hickock Hill softens up so nicely in the March sun.