Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Does Hoyt's have snowmaking capability built in yet? That looks like a fun trail, but by the looks of things, no chance it see's any action this season....

Lookout Below was not open Monday or tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by SKIdds
    I know the length of the pitch is much larger, but is it as steep as Cloudspin Niagara? How does LB compare to Rumor and Lies at Gore? The Front Four at Stowe are steep and always bumped up.
    Not sure ,I can tell you that I pay attention the same way I would on the other trails you mention. Except niagria. You can just straightline that it is so short.

no snowmaking capabilities on hoyt's yet. MAYBE next year if they got the cash.

anybody think lookout below is the steepest trail at Face?
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    no snowmaking capabilities on hoyt's yet. MAYBE next year if they got the cash.

anybody think lookout below is the steepest trail at Face?
    No to snow making next year and no to the steepest trail. It's not as steep as it looks. The top has it's moments but the middle and bottom are fine. Maybe you can argue it's the steepest lift serviced trail (slides are steeper by far) but without knowing the pitch of Lookout Below and the pitches of the other trails I can't agree it's the steepest.
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

Regarding Hoyt's, it does not appear that they finished clearing the cuttings and debris from the trail. If they have the funds to clean it up in the off season, it could very well be skiable next season-- even without snowmaking.

whats steeper .... the triple black at Smuggs (havent been) or LOB

or another?

what is the steepest trail of the east? lift served

http://www.epicski.com/wiki/extreme-...-north-america

notice in the first photo,Schmidiots, there's a skier just below the summit,w/his skis pointed straight down.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by snoeboarder
    whats steeper .... the triple black at Smuggs (havent been) or LOB

or another?

what is the steepest trail of the east? lift served
    LOB is steeper, but comparing the 2 really isn't fair cause the Black Hole is a tight glade. IMO it's nowhere near as good as the back bowls at Smuggs.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

I haven't been, but what's the approach like for LOB? Having gnarly terrain with basically no approach to it helps weed out the folks who shouldn't be there. Great example is the Spillway X-cut at Sugarloaf---folks can ski the x-cut then just look down at bubblecuffer, see for themselves how crazy it is, then just ski right past it. Another example: Rumor at Gore. It's got that basically flat entrance so every Joey around decides to skate across and peer over the edge. Once they're that far, they almost have to take it all the way. Result: killing field.

thanks for the info

heres a pic of LOB's entrance, the entrance is more perpendicular and narrow to the wilmington trail than the map shows, its on the high side of the trail too, so people following the fall line should roll right past it

P.S. - From another forum i got this from my question after 1st hearing 3x black

Posted by 'snoeboarder'
    triple black you say? whats the pitch on that?

Smuggs claims it is 54 degree. 620'