Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best bars/restaurants to check out in LP next weekend

My wife and I are coming up to LP for a long weekend with some friends (all early to mid 30s). We usually ski at Gore so not too familiar with LP. Looking for some recommendations on bars and restaurants in LP. Nothing fancy - good eats good beer good music. We are planning on checking out the worldfest activites on Sunday.

Thanks in advance for the feedback. Looking forward to hitting WF after the hopefully epic dump this week.

D

Lisa G's. Good Food and Vibe.
    Caribean cowboy. Different food but good. Get a pain killer.
    Pub and Brewery. I like the IPA. The food is good as well.
    Milanos Good food good vibe most upscale of the bunch. You dont need to get dressed up.

in addition to tjf's list

Desperadoes - the pint house Margarita and the Casa Rola

TJF- we should go to the pub soon!

Quote Originally Posted by snowman
    in addition to tjf's list

Desperadoes - the pint house Margarita and the Casa Rola

TJF- we should go to the pub soon!

Sat night??

Lisa Gs Good Food Fun Bar
    LP Steak & Seafood Great Food but bring your BIGBOY Credit Card
    Pub & Brew Can't say much for the food , Good place to go after dinner ( darts,pooltable and, UBU ALE)
    Mr Mikes Good Pizza and Beer at resonable price.

I'm going to have to Vote Lisa G's. Brews at the Pub are good but food at Lisa's is always great.

the cottage is nice for a drink after skiing or lunch.

roomers for saturday night late-night (but, the crowd can get be good or terrible, depending on the night).

i like zig zags for a beer. have a few and then jump in the bobsled on main street. always a good time.

sadly, no more mudpuddles....

avoid steak and seafood for dinner (but, not bad for lunch).

the bar at the mirror lake inn makes the best manhattans i've had, if you want a cocktail (not much of a scene, but the manhattans are THAT good).

milano's is good for dinner.

there are more upscale options, but they're not really great for group dinners, i suppose.

Wiseguys. Good burgers. I've never seen it crowded.

Bazzi's has pretty good pizza.

I've never had a bad meal at either...
    Don't Get Dead

Ditto on everyone's suggestions above. I'll add that the Japanese rest. with the teppanyaki (sp?) cooking across from the Olympic Oval is good, too.
    We come up for a week every year and have eaten at many of them in LP, most of them are good... but we avoid Pete's Steakhouse, Great Adirondack, and this year (unlike prior) Charlie's disappointed us as well.

Thanks!

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone. Sound's like Lisa G's is a recurring theme.

I'll let you all know how we make out.