Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I had heard there would be more fence next year, but I have to say that I personally think the fence takes away from the trail. It is pretty ugly, and it might make people too confident. Ruby's Run at Gore makes me feel like I am skiing in at an airport or city with the giant fence (ok, I can understand it there).
    I also heard that they are planning on making that wider...

That all said, it was pretty icy over there on Sat.
    I hate to see people hurt.

TJF is right - it's all in their heads. Imagine if it weren't a cliff on the edge of that trail but a row of trees like every other run. I highly doubt we'd see the same amount of carnage.

I hope they don't build permanent fencing. Anybody ever see the fugly mess of fences they have at Hunter?

Maybe next year they could blow a little more snow on the traverse, camber the trail to the right or maybe throw a little berm on the edge. That or a double row of B-net would take care of the issue.

That's where the glades are going to be I believe that's y there is no fence there. There is no need for a fence, its obvious its a steep drop any person with common sense (even on ice) would keep skiiers right. it's obvious that it's a big drop, as you can see for ever with the stunning view. It's a mountain, and they should be able to just put a bamboo pole every 50 ft and not even need the rope... people just dont think when they ski anymore.