Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SKIdds
    Unfortunately, no.
    I was yelling skidds to a guy in the singles line that looked like you but he never turned his head. He must have been wondering what the heck I was saying

Wish it had been me. Conditions must have been pretty sweet.

I'll keep you posted...........
    Sounds good, send me a PM if you're in.

Re: What say the local weather experts on Wed night thru Fri

Looks like we're headed up this weekend, most likely regardless of the weather.......but it would be nice to hit some fresh snow and decent tree skiing.

So what are the local weather men/women saying about later this week? Looks like the NWS and Accuweather are coming into agreement on Thursday being the warmer day, with all/mostly snow, especially as elevation increases. NWS currently forecasts all snow for Placid (elev 1,900 ft) and the chance for some rain mixing in Thursday in Wilmington (elev 1,100 ft). Accu has some rain mixing in in both areas Thursday. So far all talk of sleet and freezing rain seems to be gone (whew). Both NWS and Accu say all snow all areas Thursday night into Friday, Friday temps in the lower 30's, with Accuweather calling for 8 inches. That would be sweet.

Of course, the Weather Channel has Friday as the warmer day, with snow and rain showers. Go figure. Hopefully they come into line with the others.

So what's it gonna be, and when is the cold front coming thru? If it comes thru before Thursday night the weekend will be most excellent. If it comes thru later and there is some rain Friday it will just be good. I'd prefer to ski some of the fluff and powder I'm seeing in all these trip reports the past few days, so I'm hoping the NCP stays away from the mountain.

All that said, I'll be dropping the kiddies at the Kampus Saturday by 8:30, at which time I'll be all on my lonesome. If anyone is looking for some company, I'm game. Always more fun to ski with someone else......
    Am certain we will see each other around the hill. Lets take a few runs. Sharpen your edges boys and girls its going to be a racer weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by tjf67
    Am certain we will see each other around the hill. Lets take a few runs. Sharpen your edges boys and girls its going to be a racer weekend.
    Looks like I'll catch you next time around. Given the forecast and the likely weekend conditions we decided not to invest the time and money to come up this weekend. Not only are the conditions likely to be fast and firm (perhaps too much so for the kids, with no trees and bumps for me?), but the idea of potentially driving home in a Sunday snow storm also helped me make the decision. We'll be up there from March 15 - 17, so maybe I'll see you on the hill that Sunday if you are there.

Mattchuck.......I'd still like to get a day in at Gore this spring, if we make it up I'll shoot you a pm and maybe I'll see you there.

So it looks like we might be off to Sundown in CT for a day of spring conditions and soft bumps on Saturday. The hill might be small, but it's relatively close and the conditions should be a wee bit more forgiving than in the north country.....

Sounds good.

We're still going if anyone is interested in making some turns . . . (HPD?)

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    Sounds good.

We're still going if anyone is interested in making some turns . . . (HPD?)
    Matt, I PMed you my cell when you PMed me 2 weeks ago and told me you where coming, if you didn't get it PM me again. Call me Sat. morning cause Sunday I have to be at Gore.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Sounds good. . . I'll bring my cell.

Yeah know, whenever the forcast calls for rain followed by a freeze I say to myself, it will be what it will be, can't do a thing about it so why worry about it. Just go and make the best of it. Then it starts raining and I get all pissed off. I'm still going to make the best of it though.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Yeah know, whenever the forcast calls for rain followed by a freeze I say to myself, it will be what it will be, can't do a thing about it so why worry about it. Just go and make the best of it. Then it starts raining and I get all pissed off. I'm still going to make the best of it though.
    ...............but will you still be P O or just R O ?*

*rained on
    incoming .................DUCK !