Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

i wonder if you all are bitchin cause this lift or that lift isnt running or your just bummed that your not out there,the skiing was fantastic today,didnt miss the brq one bit,and if it was open youd be gripping that you had to walk to get there,the woods are good the trails r good(i think)so get out there and ski,there were alot of people there today,and i didnt hear anyone complaining.so please just go ski somewhere, anywhere,and all will b good

I am happy you figured it out jimmer.
    Job + 14 year old + 3 year old + wife = rare to ski midweek.
    I was trying to get to Belleayre to ski free today and my boss changed a meeting from tomorrow to today. When I finally get to Gore for some midweek skiing I want it all open.

If it's a shortage of ski patrollers during the week, aren't they just inviting us to ski Top Secret and Highline?
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

You know every year this seems to get brought up, the lack of midweek lifts running, and it makes me wonder why they built the burnt ridge expansion (atleast the logic behind it).
    I was up at Gore over Presidents Day, on monday I was able to get over to the BRQ .... and wow was I surprised. I got to the lift and no one was insight. There had to be atleast 50 chairs in front of me with not a person on them, and about 15 chairs back before I saw another single person load on.
    I hope in the years coming they work on connector trails, because I feel like thats what alot of these pods need, solid connectors that bring the mountain together more and help funnel more people over to the other areas (even if we dont like it).

Interesting discussion of this exact topic can be found at First Tracks Online. The thread is Harv's tr from last weekend (I always enjoy his tr's), but page down about halfway through the thread and past his tr for the discussion regarding open terrain / lifts. I beleive this link should bring you to the correct spot. Sorry for the cross-post, but I think it adds to the discussion.

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/boa...&t=7718#p42925

And Harv, glad to see you had such a great weekend of skiing after a pretty long absence. Great pics & tr. I couldn't be at Gore this past weekend because my pass is non-Hol, but I'm looking forward to being back soon.