Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 Peaks

4 Peaks

So all Gore's advertising says 4 peaks.... I'm totally drawing a blank, or is this more creative counting. I got Gore summit, Bear Mt, and Burnt Ridge. What is it the 4th peak?? I don't even see what could be considered another peak on the trail map. Is it the ski bowl?

:P

Re: 4 Peaks

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyRider
    So all Gore's advertising says 4 peaks.... I'm totally drawing a blank, or is this more creative counting. I got Gore summit, Bear Mt, and Burnt Ridge. What is it the 4th peak?? I don't even see what could be considered another peak on the trail map. Is it the ski bowl?

Pete Gay Mountain . . . not that there's anything wrong with that.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

Re: 4 Peaks

Quote Originally Posted by Spongeworthy
    Quote Originally Posted by GoofyRider

Pete Gay Mountain . . . not that there's anything wrong with that.
    yea, well them saying they have 4 peaks is kinda .............gay.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    I think the top of Pete Gay is The Saddle.

Before the new gondola and the Top Ridge Triple, it was one of only 2 skiable peaks.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

Before the new gondola and the Top Ridge Triple, it was one of only 2 skiable peaks.
    fwiw, the map in the saddle lodge shows Pete Gay as one of the little hills behind the saddle lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs

fwiw, the map in the saddle lodge shows Pete Gay as one of the little hills behind the saddle lodge.
    If Skye Peak counts as a separate peak at Killington, then Pete Gay counts at Gore. Either way, kinda lame

Pete Gay is not on the trail map. I've been told it was at one time a planned peak. The flanks of Pete Gay are within the intensive use area but the summit is owned by Barton's. There is a road up to the top of it and a cabin with propane heat that you used to be able to rent. We spent a new years eve up there in the early 90s and skied down with headlamps at midnight.

The summit is 3300 feet and it's the second highest peak in the area after Gore. It's the peak in the distance...seen here from the Hullaballoo (or LS?) headwall. You can see it most easily from the saddle lodge out the window.

Pete Gay is not on the trail map. I've been told it was at one time a planned peak. The flanks of Pete Gay are within the intensive use area but the summit is owned by Barton's. There is a road up to the top of it and a cabin with propane heat that you used to be able to rent. We spent a new years eve up there in the early 90s and skied down with headlamps at midnight.

The summit is 3300 feet and it's the second highest peak in the area after Gore. It's the peak in the distance...seen here from the Hullaballoo (or LS?) headwall. You can see it most easily from the saddle lodge out the window.
    I stand corrected

If that's the case, then Gore does NOT have 4 peaks.

wow harv you go back a ways with Gore. how long have you been skiing Gore ?

that might make a good thread...........back in the day Gore stories.