View Poll Results: Will we see Boundary to Boundary skiing at Gore in this lifetime?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Uh, no. Not with the APA around...

10 52.63%
  • You bet! If you can see it, you can ski it!

1 5.26%
  • What, we don't have that now? Nobody told me...

8 42.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    What other Eastern resorts allow b-to-b skiing and what are the specific policies? Obviously MRG, and I've stated previously that I thought a woods policy similar to MRG's wuould be appropriate at Gore. But how do other Eastern resort areas administer an open woods policy?
    Sugarbush has a policy posted at every lift, something like woods are unpatrolled, you are on your own, don't ski alone, etc.

I believe Stowe has a b-to-b policy as well, though I don't know the details--at least they don't care at all about you skiing in the woods. They have some conflicting info -- at the bottom of the Forerunner they have a sign about only skiing on trails--but I think that actual intent of that sign is that you pay if you are off trail, not that you aren't allowed off trail. Stowe also has some sort of out-of-bounds policy, though I haven't actually bothered to read the signs They appear at least on Chin Clip if not other places.

Jay has a boundary-to-boundary policy.
    -Kenny

The Loaf has B-t-B. It's a sweet deal and works well. I'm sure Mattchuck will agree. But most of that mountain naturally funnels down to the base.

I could see some big issues @ Gore with the boundary along Chatty and Upper Steilhang. Those woods are inviting but lead WAY off the mountain...

I say go for it, Gore. After all, it is state land and logic would dictate that if I can ski the backcountry over on some undeveloped ADK peak then I ought to be able to (legally) ski the unmarked woods @ Gore.

It seems it'd be more of an ORDA/Gore decision to green light the woods, no? As long as they maintain/prune the woods or designate them as a trail, they ought to be able to allow it.